Highland Park Whisky Scotch Single Malt - A to Z of Whiskies

Highland Park Single Malt Scotch Whisky


Region:
Established:
Water Source:
Owner:
Distillery Status:
Open To Visitors:
Phone Number:
Islands
1798
Cattie Maggie Spring
The Edrington Group
Operational
Yes
+44 (0)1856 874619
Call for visiting hours
Established in 1798 on Orkney, Highland Park is the most northerly distillery in the Scotland. Highland Park cuts its own peat which it uses for malting its barley on the premises. The result of the production process is a malt with a heatheriness and a gentle smokiness that maintains Highland Park as a firm favourite among whisky enthusiasts. Approximately 60% of of the malt the distillery produces annually is sold as single malt the remaining 40% goes to Single Cask bottlings and into blended whisky. Highland Park no longer sell casks to independent bottlers.

There are very few other single malt whisky brands which are so consistently praised by connoisseurs and experts alike as Highland Park for its 12, 15, 18, 25, 30 and 40 year old range.

If we were to recommend a single malt whisky, Highland Park would always be on the list. In our opinion Dave Broom got it right when he said in Whisky Magazine "Arguably the finest whisky in the world."
 

Highland Park Tasting Notes


Highland Park 12 Year Old Single Malt
Colour: Glowing amber.
Nose: Heather-honey sweetness; peaty smokiness.
Taste: Rounded smoky sweetness; full malt delivery.
Finish: Teasing, heathery, delicious.

Highland Park 15 Year Old Single Malt.
Colour: Full golden, clear and bright.
Nose: Smoke, aromatic, hint of camphor.
Taste: Rich, initially sweet develops to a dry smokiness.
Finish: Rich, long medium sweet then medium dry.

Highland Park 18 Year Old Single Malt.
Colour: Natural colour; burnished gold, clear and bright.
Nose: Rich, mature oak; top note of aromatic smoke.
Taste: Rich, full flavour; honey and peat.
Finish: Soft, round and long.

Highland Park 25 Year Old Single Malt.
Colour: Natural colour; dark red golden, clear and bright.
Nose: Very rich, mature oak; chocolate; fudge.
Taste: Full, rich burst of flavour; soft honey; nutty toffee.
Finish: Rich, long and surprisingly sweet for its age.

Highland Park 30 Year Old Single Malt.
Colour: Rich, Coppery amber.
Nose: Spicy, aromatic, nutmeg and darkest chocolate.
Taste: Force 9 Flavour, toffee, dark chocolate orange and Hobbister Hill peat.
Finish: Rich, long, smokey and surprisingly sweet.

Similar Tasting Whisky Suggestions
 

Where To Buy Highland Park Whisky Online


Select a country for a list Whisky shops near you:

Highland Park Bottlings


Highland Park offer the following choice of single malts. Select a whisky for more info and to read reviews:

Highland Park Reviews


Have you tried Highland Park? Why not add your own review and tasting notes to this page. ADD YOUR OWN REVIEW
 

Whisky Guide:


<<<Back to the A to Z Of Single Malt Whisky

Top Of Page

 
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 
 

2017 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.