www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Marks & Spencer Whisky

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Marks & Spencer Whisky
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Marks & Spencer Whisky Reply with quote

I thought i would start a thread for Marks & Spencer whisky as they continue to expand their selection beyond their own label brands.

Spotted a few which you dont find in other supermarkets - Glenfarclas 2003 bottled 2013 which i havent come across before, priced at £35 They also have Compass Box Spice Tree and the Irish whiskey Writers Tears but forgot the price after a long pub lunch this afternoon.

Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Marks & Spencer Whisky Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
I thought i would start a thread for Marks & Spencer whisky as they continue to expand their selection beyond their own label brands.

Spotted a few which you dont find in other supermarkets - Glenfarclas 2003 bottled 2013 which i havent come across before, priced at £35 They also have Compass Box Spice Tree and the Irish whiskey Writers Tears but forgot the price after a long pub lunch this afternoon.

Mark, is the Marks and Spencer you are referring to the general department store or a specialty whisky shop? We had a Marks and Spencer store in St. Catharines, Ontario up until 15 years ago, part of a chain and then they were closed all over Canada. However, the chain here in Canada sold only clothes, kitchen treats and foods from UK but no alcohol of any kind due to our government regulations and the monopoly of the LCBO. Does every Mark's and Spencers in UK sell spirits?
albo
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Marks & Spencer Whisky Reply with quote

Quaich1 wrote:
Mark wrote:

Mark, is the Marks and Spencer you are referring to the general department store or a specialty whisky shop? We had a Marks and Spencer store in St. Catharines, Ontario up until 15 years ago, part of a chain and then they were closed all over Canada. However, the chain here in Canada sold only clothes, kitchen treats and foods from UK but no alcohol of any kind due to our government regulations and the monopoly of the LCBO. Does every Mark's and Spencers in UK sell spirits?

Murray, Yes Marks and Spencer (M&S) is the department store here in the UK. A while ago they went througha bad patch and the brands had a hugh overhaul, I don't know if this coincided with the closure out your way but by all accounts it's thriving once more over here. And yes M&S here sell spirits along with wine and beer ttoo.
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Marks & Spencer Whisky Reply with quote

albo wrote:
Quaich1 wrote:
Mark wrote:

Murray, Yes Marks and Spencer (M&S) is the department store here in the UK. A while ago they went througha bad patch and the brands had a hugh overhaul, I don't know if this coincided with the closure out your way but by all accounts it's thriving once more over here. And yes M&S here sell spirits along with wine and beer ttoo.

Alun. thanks for filling me in on that. Good to know.
Very Happy
Mark
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Murray, I havent been online since Friday when i posted about M&S. As Alun said, yes it is the general department store. I am sure they used to have stores in Canada, not sure if they still have today but i doubt they would be able to sell whisky given your rules and government control on whisky sales.

It didnt say on the bottle of Glenfarclas 2003 but i suspect it may be exclusive to M&S, they also have a Glengoyne 14 year old exclusive to M&S but i think the reviews of the Glengoyne havent been great, i have read the Glengoyne is sulpur tainted.
Calder
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local M&S have the Glenfarclas 2003 on offer for £27

sorren
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.. Hopefully it will still be there when I get home
TheWM
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balblair 03 is stocked in mine together with EWC chapter 10?
TheWM
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popped in at lunch and a few offers:

Balblair 2003 £40
Glengoyne £37
Glenfarclas 2003 £28
Inverglen 12 £27
Writers Tears £25

Basically all 10% off.
tangman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, don't usually get my whisky from here but the Glenfarclas got me excited so went to get some, and glad i did as they also had Arran sherry cask finish, seems to be a NAS but with the 14y being my current favorite had to take a punt.Glad i did only had a nip but its fab, don't get me to describe it as i'm terrible with tasting notes, but at £40 i'll be back tomorrow. I know Arran has three other finishes out at the mo bottled at 50%, and this is 46% and looks to be an exclusive to M&S
TheWM
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tangman wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, don't usually get my whisky from here but the Glenfarclas got me excited so went to get some, and glad i did as they also had Arran sherry cask finish, seems to be a NAS but with the 14y being my current favorite had to take a punt.Glad i did only had a nip but its fab, don't get me to describe it as i'm terrible with tasting notes, but at £40 i'll be back tomorrow. I know Arran has three other finishes out at the mo bottled at 50%, and this is 46% and looks to be an exclusive to M&S

I ran out of time to discuss the Arran offering. Yes, it is a NAS which is why I didn't get it (regretting it now). I'll grab a bottle next week and let's swap notes Smile
IndianaBlues
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compass Box Great King St is reduced to clear at £20... Also they have £8 off their 2003 Glenfarclas at £28

John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndianaBlues wrote:
Compass Box Great King St is reduced to clear at £20... Also they have £8 off their 2003 Glenfarclas at £28
I guess the 50cl bottle size has kept buyers away from the Compass Box Great King St in M & S, it is a cracking blend and worth £20, cheers for the heads up I will check out my local store.
dramblersanonymous
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenfarclas 2003 down to £24 for clearance. Had been toying with a bottle for a few weeks then the clearance price happens and bosh. Sold out.
IndianaBlues
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramblersanonymous wrote:
Glenfarclas 2003 down to £24 for clearance. Had been toying with a bottle for a few weeks then the clearance price happens and bosh. Sold out.

For a younger 'farclas it is a very good whisky, hope you find one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: