www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - OB Daftmill 2008/2019 46% Summer Release

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
OB Daftmill 2008/2019 46% Summer Release

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: OB Daftmill 2008/2019 46% Summer Release Reply with quote

Nose
Crisp, clean & citrussy is my first thought, then a little cream.
Lemon & grapefruit are the main fruit flavours with a hint of pear and a little gooseberry but before the berries are ripe and a little tart.
After a few minutes in the glass there is a little dry grass,

Taste
Wow, very fruity, fizzy and full of peppery spice, good mouthfeel.
What you have here is basically the lighter colours of the sweets in a fruit gum packet, the indication on the nose is all there on the palate.
It has the lemon, grapefruit and some fresh pineapple with hints of a few other fruits but its like there is a little sugar in the mix it is sweet but far from too sweet and as you go on it gets a little dry and just a hint of something ever so slightly bitter which is linked to the fruit.
The spice remains, the fruit subsides a little as you go on.

Finish
Not this bottles strongest point was my first thought but actually it is not too bad, remaining spicy and fruity until the end.
I would describe it as fresh on the finish & quite lip smacking.

Not a great depth of profile but a very enjoyable whisky in a classic lowland style and as close to Rosebank as you will get.
When this has been opened a few weeks I will try this against some younger Rosebank's to see if that assessment is right?
This is the first tasting note on here, this may be a little light for some but at 46% an easy drinking malt with a nice fruity profile.
Is it worth £95, to me yes in scheme of things it is but any more, definitely no

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: