www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Help please guys ?

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Help please guys ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimhammie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Help please guys ? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of help. I'm off on Holiday and have been asked to bring across a couple of bottles of J & B whisky. Unfortunately where I stay it is so far not been stocked in any of the suppermarkets or off=sales that I have visited/phoned. I've checked the airport shop online and they don't seem to stock it either. I'm leaving on Sunday so only have tomorrow really to get something. Ive told my friend I cannot get it which is totally my fault as i shouldn't have waited till the last minute. Anyway, not being a great whisky expert, neither is he, but he does know what he likes, my question to you guys is, what do you recommend that may be similar to this. He has asked me just to bring over a "nice" one instead but as I do know all whisky tastes different, and one persons "nice" does not mean the same to another I was looking for something in a similar mould.Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated......thanks in advance.

TheWM
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally anything you buy will be better than J&b. Johnnie Walker Black Label will do the trick.
Regan
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look for Shackletons Blended Malt at the airport or check out Ballantines or Chivas Regal blends.
jimhammie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I didn't take your advice, sorry I was already out and about. After reading through the forums last night for a wee bit I kinda got the idea that J&B was maybe not the way to go anyway. I think he's just been given that a few times and maybe developed a taste for it. Being from Perth, I chose our own Famous Grouse Smoky Black edition and I got a bottle of Ardmore single malt for him, this one only because it looked good and was reduced from £33 down to £20..... Laughing

thanks again though....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Blended Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: