www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Old Pulteney Leads Inver House Rise In Profits

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Old Pulteney Leads Inver House Rise In Profits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Old Pulteney Leads Inver House Rise In Profits Reply with quote

Inver House Distillers, the Scotch Whisky subsidiary of global drinks business International Beverage Holdings Ltd which owns the Old Pulteney, Balblair, anCnoc and Speyburn single malts has reported a sales increase of 7.4% for the year to September 2018. This reflects a period of significant growth for its core brands, with sales of Inver House Single Malts growing by over 12% in the year.

This success was led by the company’s flagship single malt Old Pulteney, produced at Pulteney Distillery in Wick, which grew sales by 20%.

More info here:

http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/inverhouseriseinprofits.htm

Drame Blanche
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pff. I mean, I'm obvs happy to see a distillery thrive, but if by "updating their core range", aka screwing us, a distillery consistently makes more money, well... we can only get more screwed.

Frankly in my opinion of all these excuses to raise prices - because that's what they are - only Glenrothes has made sense and has pushed out something of decent quality. But even then, Signatory Glenrothes are still consistently better (they're kind of my guilty pleasure).

It's a shame to see all this plotting and scheming work and having to consistently rely on indies and auctions to try interesting stuff. Not that the indies aren't upping their prices...
DaveWn
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No different from most of the other distilleries out there regards prices and the way they are going. There travel retail range did need updating and is a vast improvement and isn't too badly priced.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: