www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - The Inaugural Highland Whisky Festival 2019

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Inaugural Highland Whisky Festival 2019

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: The Inaugural Highland Whisky Festival 2019 Reply with quote

The inaugural Highland Whisky Festival will see eight northern Highland distilleries come together for a series of exclusive tastings, tours, and events between the 10th - 17th May 2019.

The Festival team are working hard behind the scenes with local and national businesses to offer a truly unforgettable experience for attendees. With each distillery hosting an open day with exclusive events and tastings, it’s an unmissable experience for even the most seasoned of whisky enthusiasts. The North-East Coast of Scotland offers visitors breath-taking - impressive scenery, fantastic accommodation, and exceptional dining experiences.

For a list of the Highland Whisky Festival Events Itinerary see here:

http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/highlandwhiskyfestival2019.htm

Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to find time to be at this for a day or two. Anyone else from the forum in the area considering anything?
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the first I have heard about it, too short notice for me but one to remember for the future.
Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close of business today, I secured the last seat at the table, Tomatin Evening Whisky Pairing Dinner on 17th May. It's going to be a great night. Here's the itinerary:

To celebrate the end of the first ever Highland Whisky Festival, join Regional Brand Ambassador Alistair Mutch and Distillery Manager Graham Eunson for a night of fine dining and exclusive whisky in the Adams room at the Kingsmills hotel Inverness. Start the night with a dram of Tomatin 30 Year Old before enjoying a five course meal designed exclusively for the event by Kingsmills, with wine included in the ticket price. After dinner enjoy our most luxurious flight of whiskies from Tomatin which includes; Tomatin 36 Year Old, 1975 Warehouse 6 Collection and Tomatin 50 Year Old (our oldest and most exclusive single malt release).
webdunk
Triple Malt Member
Triple Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave h wrote:
Close of business today, I secured the last seat at the table, Tomatin Evening Whisky Pairing Dinner on 17th May.

I'll see you there Very Happy
sorren
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not booked into anything but I’m in Speyside that week and could end up at Tomatin on the Friday..

Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you tomorrow Webdunk, you'll need to introduce yourself.

I'm popping along on my own, couldn't resist the dinner with the 50 year old whisky at the end of the night. Every time I read the below, can't help think that £125 for the Meal and Tasting is exceptional value. I'll be popping into the distillery during the afternoon possibly to pick up a Festival bottle, earlier in the week I was up at Clynelish to pick up a 200 year anniversary bottle as they were closing the shop, just in time.

Friday 17th of May

To celebrate the end of the first ever Highland Whisky Festival, join Tomatin Regional Brand Ambassador Alistair Mutch and Distillery Manager Graham Eunson for a night of fine dining and exclusive Tomatin whisky in the Adams room at the Kingsmills, hotel Inverness. Start the night with a dram of Tomatin 30 Year Old before enjoying a five course meal designed exclusively for the event by Kingsmills, with wine included in the ticket price. After dinner enjoy our most luxurious flight of whiskies from Tomatin which includes; Tomatin 36 Year Old, 1975 Warehouse 6 Collection and Tomatin 50 Year Old (our oldest and most exclusive single malt release).

Tomatin 50-year-old single malt priced at £10,000 a bottle. The whisky was distilled on 24th November 1967. Following 50 years of maturation at Tomatin Distillery, cask number 35817 has been finished in ex-oloroso Sherry butts yielding just 70 special bottles at 45.3% abv.

http://www.tomatin.com/highlandwhiskyfestival
Timp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T wrote:
It is the first I have heard about it, too short notice for me but one to remember for the future.

Me too unfortunately, next year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: