www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Longmorn 1961 57 year 40.5% cask 512 Private Collection G&am

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Longmorn 1961 57 year 40.5% cask 512 Private Collection G&am

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Longmorn 1961 57 year 40.5% cask 512 Private Collection G&am Reply with quote

Nose
The first thing to say here is that at 40.5% this is nosing more like 45-48% and the sherry is very powerful and all up front.
Dark plum, blackberry, blackcurrants and fig, basically it is dark & jammy that just about sums this up.
A hint of mulled wine spice and with time in the glass once the air gets to it , dare I say it, the nose fades a little?

Palate
Spicy this is and another old G&M that tastes like it is a higher abv than it actually is.
This is like stewed fruit mixed with cream with a sprinkle of crushed almond on the top (possibly)
Now it is starting to get woody and dry but you can expect that for its age, hell this is 57 years old.
I swear I get some rhubarb flavours in here

Finish
Decent medium length remaining fruity and actually not too bitter, but there is some which is to be expected

Unfortunately my laptop started playing up, so notes are not as concise as they should be.
It is a nice whisky but the quality to price ratio is horrendous, I know along with its sibling it is the oldest Longmorn ever bottled which obviously costs an extra premium but this is way OTT.

Nice whisky but not on the top table of malts IMHO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: