www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Pride of Strathspey 1937 50 year 40% The Dram Taker’s G&am

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Pride of Strathspey 1937 50 year 40% The Dram Taker’s G&am

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject: Pride of Strathspey 1937 50 year 40% The Dram Taker’s G&am Reply with quote

Nose
A pleasant light nose, black currant, red currant, a little furniture polish, then some yellow plum emerges which really lifts this.
A little spice & a little oak, you really have to work at this one, it is a little distant.
After 10 minutes a hints of Turkish Delight.

Palate
Nice mouthfeel, very spicy and fruity but also a little hot for 40%, not the best balance on show with a little wood but within acceptable levels.
A little blackberry & raspberry but it is the peat mixing with the sherry that gets your attention

Finish
Quite a long finish for 40%, the oak is staring to come through but the sherry holds it in check.

This is supposed to be Macallan and I wonder if it is the same as the Macphail`s 1937 ( I will try then together another time).
Has more power than expected for 40%.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: