www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - OB- Highland Park 1967 38 year 55.5% Saybrex International

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
OB- Highland Park 1967 38 year 55.5% Saybrex International

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: OB- Highland Park 1967 38 year 55.5% Saybrex International Reply with quote

This is a single cask of 200 bottles, I thought it would be a good idea to try this after the 1967 37 year Duncan Taylor John Scotts bottling?

Nose
Like the DT, similar profile in parts but there is more of this, more substantial if you will?
The fruit is of the well stewed variety, apple, plum, hints of gooseberry, mixed in with honey comb and a little orange essence.
Very nice with a few meaty notes coming through after a minute or so

Palate
Heavy mouthfeel and a wave of spicy peat washes over your tongue, much more peat than I was expecting with some nice fruit notes mixed with rich caramel pudding.
Gets salty and the peat just keeps on growing with an avalanche of crystalised fruits over your tongue, this is a heavyweight HP.
With a few drops of water
More fruit & spice at first but the peat comes back witha vengence and leaves you salivating.

Finish
Long, powerful and vibrant with the peat & spice punching your taste buds about until the end.
Adding a few drops of water lulls you into a false sense of security that the peat has been tamed, don`t be fooled Smile

Probably the peatiest and most hard hitting HP I have tried, a real bruiser, excellent stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: