www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Karuizawa Shibari

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Karuizawa Shibari
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agrabin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Karuizawa Shibari Reply with quote

I have received word that my ballot application to buy the extremely limited 35 year old Karuizawa Shibari has been successful. There are four bottles in the collection and only 45 sets. I’ve been given the option to buy all four, any combination of two or three from those four or just the one bottle of my choice. There is a very small window during which the purchase can be made and that closes for me at 7.12pm tomorrow evening (Saturday 9 March 2019). See details from the email I received from Dekanta below...

“Greetings & Congratulations,

We're excited to let you know that you've been selected as one of the winners of our Karuizawa Shibari 35 Year Old ballot. With over 4,000 entries, and just 45 sets available, you are one of the lucky few who has the opportunity to own this historic release. We're quite sure you will love it!

As one of the first ballot selections, we have set aside one of each of the four bottles for you. You can choose to purchase one, all four or any other combination of the Shibari Collection that you'd like.

To complete your order, please visit https://dekanta.com/ballot/ and enter your unique ballot code shown below.

Ballot Code: *****
https://dekanta.com/ballot/

Ordering Notes:
* You have 24 hours to complete your order using the ballot code above. If you do not complete, we will give your ballot
to the next person on the list.
* This is a pre-order, bottles are expected to deliver in late April.
* Payment by bank wire transfer is required within 3 days of placing your order.
* Due to the limited nature, no refunds or exchanges will be offered.

Unfortunately the $14,500 price tag for Each bottle is just a bit beyond my budget.
If I had the money I would certainly buy what I could of these in a heartbeat.

If anyone has from between that amount for one bottle and $58k for the full
set and would like to grab a piece of Japanese whisky history which due to the feverish demand for rare expresions like this, will undoubtedly soar in price, please contact me ASAP to discuss with a view to offering you the code.

a.ramage@outlook.com

Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
agrabin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you’re not a ‘big hitter’ then among the whisky collecting fraternity
Cerebral15
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Why Reply with quote

So you could not afford the bottles so entered wth the sole intention of selling the code. Thats a new flippers low. Hope its not used so a real collector can get it
agrabin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary. When I applied for the ballot, I did so with the hope that I’d be able to buy a bottle if got the opportunity. Changed circumstances now prevent me from being able to do so. I have a substantial collection including recent releases of Royal Lochnagar HRH 30yo, Macallan Genesis and Macallan Easter Elchies Black 2018. My collection is more important to me than any profit to be made and I have never ‘flipped’ a bottle, nor do I ever intend to do so. You presume much when you say that my aim is to sell this code and that I deliberately entered the ballot to sell the right to buy if I was successful. The only bottle I’ve ever tried to exchange or sell was the HP Hillhead - which I had spare - to get the Hobbister which was missing from the set. The reason I offer this code here is so that a genuine collector could use it, rather than have somebody buy it who is solely in it to make a killing at auction.
allyby
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chancer.

agrabin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I really should have expected this sort of response from those ignoramuses who, rather than consider what was a once in a lifetime opportunity, chose to post scurrilous and totally unfounded remarks about me.
If this is a measure of the cameraderie on this forum, then it’s a very sad reflection of the calibre of the membership.
unblended
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a good forum with as far as i iam concerned as well as very good members we just dont agree with you
that is what a forum is about discussion you might not like it thats your choice
i agree with the majority of whats been said maybe could have been said better
with everything thats is going on in the whisky world the real collectors who ever they are are entitled to say what they think the same as you
even if we dont agree with you

richard
arqueturus
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selling a code.? Tut tut.

I like capitalism, on this forum, I defend NAS, I defend marketting 'scams', I'm even ambivalent to flippers - if people are stupid enough to buy something for more than it cose then so be it.

However, here you are selling something that cost yuou nothing at all, barely any effort, that really is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

As for the calibre of our membership here, I dare say that this code would be given away on this forum if someone had managed to get one and then sudenly couldn't afford it.
agrabin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I haven’t made myself clear. The code was NOT for sale. The intention was to try to establish whether that person who might have made use of it was a genuine collector it not. Having been given the code, of course he/she could have bought the whisky and then flipped it with none of us any the wiser. I’m not so short of cash, nor am I so mercenary as all of those who have responded here clearly think. I can assure you that I do not apply for ballots and then try to sell the right to buy, l’ve much better things to do with my time. When I got this opportunity and wasn’t able to take it up, I imagined that the chances were it would go to a so called ‘flipper’ so I thought I would offer it up here. What I didn’t anticipate however, was the accusation(s) that followed. The chance has gone anyway and no doubt someone somewhere will make plenty out of it, and good luck to them. What’s as disappointing as anything is that despite my explanation about my motives, the previous two posters just ignored what I’ve said and have judged and condemned me out of hand.

Anyway folks, I’ll certainly know where not to come to if a similar opportunity arises again.

(Oh well!!
If nothing else, this episode has allowed me the chance to interact with and get to know some of my new whisky forum ‘buddies’ 🤣)
unblended
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right you didnt make yourself clear
Embarassed
agrabin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then for that, I apologise

unblended
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough Cool
Dave h
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all this drama, but you set the tone with your reply to me totally unfounded, yet get sensitive when folks post words.. I've seen this ballot code offered several times online, hence my reaction.... here we go Rolling Eyes

You judged first 😋

You seem to be doing ok with your ballots though, better than I have recently. Next time you win a ballot and look to share, suggest stating your free generous offering. Yet I'm not sure how your email and code can then be passed to me, to ensure it is posted to me and I get email updates on shipping etc what's stopping you contacting them after my purchase to edit shipping address? Just a thought 👍
agrabin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no drama until you responded in the way you did. I was making a genuine attempt to give someone here the chance that I wasn’t able to take up. I’m not in the least bit sensitive but I absolutely at all times reserve the right to defend myself against unwarranted accusations of impropriety which call into question my integrity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whiskies For Sale All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: