www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Queen Margot.

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Queen Margot.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owls7
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Queen Margot. Reply with quote

Ok so it's been all over the news of late being one of the best blends in the world. So I thought why not give it a go. The price is good thirteen pounds I must be honest I don't drink blended whisky that often but this one isn't bad I do find it a bit harsh and yes I've had betters blends but had to pay for them well done Lidl. My go to single malt at the moment is Lidl Ben Bracken speyside which has me thinking why in the past I've paid so much money drinking the more expensive stuff as I always thought these cant be as good. So would I recommend Queen Margot well if price is the issue then yes it's good but if you can pay a bit more I'd still go for the Lidl single malts.

MattS
Triple Malt Member
Triple Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always good that someone is willing to try and then post on these things. Cheers
ralfy legend
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap yes, harsh yes, Any good, no not for me, stick to single malts unless you find a real decent blend.
Owls7
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean but if money is an issue then I would say this is a good choice better than Bells etc in my opinion yes single malts are better but this ain't bad. I know it's a personal thing reviews.
Drame Blanche
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If money are tight I def recommend Compass Box Great Kings Street blends, there are a fruity and a smoky one. Their 50cl bottles are like 26 quid, they are worlds apart from any other cheap (and many expensive) blends and better than the vast majority of single malts of that price range.

Don't believe me, try them.

lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ralfy legend wrote:
Cheap yes, harsh yes, Any good, no not for me, stick to single malts unless you find a real decent blend.

There are hundreds of great older blends available at auction for peanuts compared to the high prices of aged malts, they should not be overlooked.
Remember in the 50`s. 60`s & 70`s no one was bottling single malts hardly and all the best casks went into blends plus the % malt content was a good bit higher than it is nowadays.

I have had some older blends that were much better than 4 figure malts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Blended Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: