www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Whisky collecting

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Whisky collecting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DillyT
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Whisky collecting Reply with quote

I have been talking to some friends that also collect whisky and it turned out there records of there collection all differ.

As in I have a database of all my bottles, keeping all the info I think would be needed for any reason. Which is
Date , Brand, Bottle, Bottling date, Distillation date, Age, Bottle Number, Size, ABV %, From, Number of, Price, Total price, Damage, Notes, Sold date, Where and Price.

But one of my friends just keeps just the smallest about of info and the other keeps no record of the prices she has paid and where and when she got them...

So I was wondering what info do you guys keep?

Whisky Rogue
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My record of what I have is in my head mainly, I do most of my whisky buying online so I do have a purchase confirmation email for each whisky I have bought.
deadz101
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiskybase 👊
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do keep a record of what I have stuffed in cupboards throughout the house, just simply a list of the whisky I have and when I bought it.
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy almost exclusively to drink so no need to have an extensive database of prices etc. I do have an amazing ability, however, to fill my head with all sort of random useless details, so I can remember off the top of my head when I bought any bottle and for how much. (as well as of course the more pertinent details, i.e. age, ABV etc.)
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add my list is more to locate a bottle from whatever cupboard I stored it in when I take the notion to open it, all my bottles were purchased to be drunk although they soon build up and they are spread around cupboards and wardrobes in 3 spare bedrooms.

Timp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started off keeping a tasting note book and that has become my list. As I pretty much open everything I buy its useful.

I make a note of all of the info I have on each bottle including my tasting note and the year in which it was purchased.

Because I tend to open the bottles I want to keep, ( so they have no resale value, sounds weird but as soon as I open them I lose all interest in their current auction value) try them and then gas and close, my book is also useful to hand to guests as a whisky menu. The only thing I dont keep is the price I paid. Most of them I can remember though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: