www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Some interesting new old bottles

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Some interesting new old bottles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scranmerchant
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Some interesting new old bottles Reply with quote

Got given some interesting old unopened bottles today. Would welcome any comments on the following:

Bell’s Royal Reserve 21 Year Old Blend with lovely case with wee metal locks
Bell’s Connoisseur 12 Year Old Blend with box

The two bottles have an additional wooden and velvet display unit to slot the bottles into with a wee engraved name tag.

Slaintheba 12 Year’s Old Scotch Whisky - has a relative’s name on the bottle but great nick. Alexander Dunn & Co Whisky Blenders Ltd.

Bell’s HM Queen Elizabeth II 60th Birthday Special Whisky with bell-shaped decanter.

University of Aberdeen Quincentenary 20 Yr Old Single Malt Whisky - commemorative 1495-1995 bottle. Understand this is a Knockando malt, distilled in 1974 and bottles in 1995. Pristine.

Cheers!

James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a couple of bottles of the Bell’s Royal Reserve 21 year old blend some time ago, your bottle must have been sitting on a shelf somewhere for a number of years. It was well presented in a nice case. I have seen these sell quite cheaply at auction in recent times, there cant be many of them around now.

The Slaintheba 12 year old is an old blend also, from the 1970s I think
ziggsteruk
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Some interesting new old bottles Reply with quote

Scranmerchant wrote:
University of Aberdeen Quincentenary 20 Yr Old Single Malt Whisky - commemorative 1495-1995 bottle. Understand this is a Knockando malt, distilled in 1974 and bottles in 1995. Pristine.

I spotted a bottle of this when I was in the Aberdeen Whisky Shop earlier this year. They had it for £150. 3 months later I was in again and they'd put it up to £200 even though it hadn't sold at £150. Apparently they'd bought it off someone who brought it into the shop, which is something you might be interested in. I was told they offer auction price for bottles and this Knockando tends to make £80-£100 under the hammer. Perhaps a bit more if it's in mint condition and has the original box.
Scranmerchant
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate, very interesting. Yes, still has the box. Great colour on the spirit. Tantalisingly so! The shop’s just up the road from me but think I’ll hold onto it for a while. Plenty more other bottles to drink in the house! Thank you for your input!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: