www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Is Teeling Single Grain worth a go?

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Is Teeling Single Grain worth a go?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheekobonavista
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Is Teeling Single Grain worth a go? Reply with quote

New to Irish Whiskey. Bought a bottle of Teeling Small Batch last week and loved it. I'd planned to try Redbreast 12 or Green Spot next, but I liked small batch so much I'm debating trying Teeling Single Grain before I move onto single pot Irish whiskey.

Has anyone tried Teeling Single Grain? Is it worth a go? If not, thoughts on Redbreast 12 vs Green Spot?

Forbes
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this is the Teeling Single Grain you are thinking of getting https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/teeling/teeling-single-grain-whiskey/ I can say it is excellent Packed with vanilla custard notes mixed with plenty of fruit from the Californian Cabernet Sauvignon casks.

The Redbreast is a Single Pot Still and different style of Irish whiskey and an also must try.
Fabien
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent Irish grain whiskey, which is really to do with the Cabernet Sauvignon casks it matured in.

Personally, given the choice though I would take the Redbreast 12 before the Teeling grain.
ralfy legend
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the teeling single grain and on my view it was better than the small batch, it has more punch, not saying the small batch is bad .
HJ
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ralfy legend wrote:
I tried the teeling single grain and on my view it was better than the small batch, it has more punch, not saying the small batch is bad .

I hit it off this year with the Single Grain also. Liked it best of their "trilogy".

On another note to the OP I bought a bottle of Mitchell's bottling of Green Spot & wasn't very impressed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Irish Whiskey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: