www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Method and Madness Irish Whiskey - Page 2

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Method and Madness Irish Whiskey
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grant M
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
Method and Madness have launched two new single pot still whiskeys:

Method and Madness Virgin Hungarian Oak Finish is the first of the two new Irish single pot still additions to the Irish whiskey range, matured in a combination of first-fill and re-fill American Bourbon oak barrels this single pot still whiskey was then finished in virgin Hungarian oak.

http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/methodandmadnesshungarianoak.htm

The second new release is Method and Madness 28 Year Old Ruby Port Pipe Single Cask Single Pot Still whiskey

http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/methodandmadness28yearrubyport.htm
That is quite a price for the 28 year old, I would love a bottle but too rich for me. I will probably try the Virgin Hungarian Oak Finish if the reviews are good.

Fabien
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to get hold of the Single Pot Still Virgin Hungarian Oak Finish but I haven't come across it yet in any whisky shops.
Whisky Chaser
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabien wrote:
I was hoping to get hold of the Single Pot Still Virgin Hungarian Oak Finish but I haven't come across it yet in any whisky shops.
I had a look around for this but it looks like it hasn't reached the whisky shop shelves yet but it is available direct from the online Jameson whiskey shop, although no reviews listed in the Jameson whiskey shop yet.
jcarrick
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisky Chaser wrote:
Fabien wrote:
I had a look around for this but it looks like it hasn't reached the whisky shop shelves yet but it is available direct from the online Jameson whiskey shop, although no reviews listed in the Jameson whiskey shop yet.
Spotted it in MoM https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/midleton/midleton-method-and-madness-virgin-hungarian-oak-finish-whiskey/
Wailin
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William, did you get to taste the pot still Hungarian oak version yet? I'm halfway through the single malt and looking to try either the pot still sherry/bourbon or hungarian oak. Just not sure which to go for. Would like to hear your thoughts on it.
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wailin I haven't had a chance to taste the Virgin Hungarian Oak, I had actually forgot about it as it took so long to appear in the shops here after being announced, it should be interesting, my only thought with this one is perhaps with their keenness to show the virgin oak it outdoes the pot still spices, it should still be interesting.

I can say that the first Method and Madness Single Pot Still matured in sherry and bourbon barrels is worth a try, the sherry and bourbon oak did have quite a say in this one but there was still enough pot still spices left on display to make this interesting and enjoyable.

Wailin
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wiliam. I picked up the Hungarian oak version as the sherry/bourbon pot still is very hard to get at the moment. Haven't opened it yet but looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. They are not exactly cheap and a Redbreast 12 CS can be got for similar money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Irish Whiskey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: