www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Whisky Galore @ The Green Welly Stop, Tyndrum

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Whisky Galore @ The Green Welly Stop, Tyndrum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krakow
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Whisky Galore @ The Green Welly Stop, Tyndrum Reply with quote

It's not just an online shop of course and I'm not sure how much interest the topic will gather in this forum section, but I thought I'd try here first as it's not about single malt per se.

I'll be passing The Green Welly Stop in a few weeks. Are there any hidden gems in their stocks that I should look out for? As I've mainly been a supermarket whisky shopper thus far, they have a lot I don't know and their prices seem keen! The GlenDronach 2003 13YO Cask #713 Green Welly Stop Exclusive is immediately tempting.

https://www.thegreenwellystop.co.uk/whiskyshop/

STUDOGG37
Triple Malt Member
Triple Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth looking at the Carn Mor Westport 1997, it's a cracking dram for the money, £56.99.
99.99% Glenmorangie + a spoonful of Glen Moray.
We did a tasting with the Carn Mor guys last June and this was my favourite, I have since tried the 21 year Westport, which was superb.
dramblersanonymous
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have a small amount of that glendronach left (will check..). I didn't rate it. If I have a sample left, it's yours.

Their previous single cask glendronach was a belter though!
krakow
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really good of you to offer dramblersanonymous, thank you! I didn't get a bottle in the end, so that could be interesting if you do have some needing a curious home. I see you have your swaps list up in the other forum, so I'll finally pick up some sample bottles and perhaps we can do a swap of two or three?

I stopped at the Green Welly on the way up and had a good browse (great selection for such a little whisky corner) but didn't purchase anything. I was planning to pick something up on the way home, but when it came I was already pretty much overspent for the trip and so decided to hold off for once. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Online Whisky Shops All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: