www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Sample swaps - Page 2

 

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Sample swaps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> The Whisky Sample Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 529
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
I have added a Whisky Sample Exchange section to the forum, you will find it here:

http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=33


Thanks William Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 13 Dec 2016
Posts: 77
Location: Salisbury

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
I have added a Whisky Sample Exchange section to the forum, you will find it here:

http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=33


Thanks, William. I've just made the first offer there.

Peter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 1658

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramblersanonymous wrote:
Alexppp wrote:
dramblersanonymous wrote:
Count me in. London based. But can operate a stamp so happy to post.


Ooh, burn!


Ha! Well, you know - someone had to... Very Happy


Seriously though, the main reason I don't want to post is, say the package gets lost at some stage of the delivery, or is delayed - I don't want to start doubting the integrity of forum members here for no reason.

I'm happy to meet people in London though if time permits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 529
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexppp wrote:
dramblersanonymous wrote:
Alexppp wrote:
dramblersanonymous wrote:
Count me in. London based. But can operate a stamp so happy to post.


Ooh, burn!


Ha! Well, you know - someone had to... Very Happy


Seriously though, the main reason I don't want to post is, say the package gets lost at some stage of the delivery, or is delayed - I don't want to start doubting the integrity of forum members here for no reason.

I'm happy to meet people in London though if time permits.


You make a fair point, let's hope that doesn't happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UncleBaldric
New Member
New Member


Joined: 09 Feb 2014
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reinventing the wheel? Reply with quote

I thought I had already left a reply in this thread, but I can't see it, so... Maybe posting links is frowned upon, so I'll just say: Google "ScotchSwap" and you will find an existing community of swappers. I have successfully completed 31 swaps so far and am waiting for the reciprocal package in my 32nd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 529
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First sample swap samples are going out tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 13 Dec 2016
Posts: 77
Location: Salisbury

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwbassman wrote:
First sample swap samples are going out tomorrow Very Happy


Indeed. Yours were bottled this afternoon javascript:emoticon('Smile')
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sorren
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 11 Jan 2010
Posts: 2313
Location: uk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you all luck.. and hopefully every one will play fair and everyone ends up with a smile.. who knows I might even join in myself at some point.. Although I might just offer 3 mystery samples and see if anyone is willing to accommodate 🤔🙈
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 13 Dec 2016
Posts: 77
Location: Salisbury

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorren wrote:
I wish you all luck


Thanks. I'm looking forward to trying a couple of new ones towards the weekend.


sorren wrote:
... and hopefully every one will play fair and everyone ends up with a smile..



Quite. To be honest, though, I'm more concerned about possible loss or damage in transit. The sample bottles that I received today from Amazon came with copious amounts of bubble wrap that'll get reused!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 529
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorren wrote:
I wish you all luck.. and hopefully every one will play fair and everyone ends up with a smile.. who knows I might even join in myself at some point.. Although I might just offer 3 mystery samples and see if anyone is willing to accommodate 🤔🙈


I'd accommodate that mate 😀 Are there any guidelines or is it a case of anything goes?

Might have to open some new ones as you will know what's on my open bottle list 😜
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

dramblersanonymous
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Posts: 439
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorren wrote:
I wish you all luck.. and hopefully every one will play fair and everyone ends up with a smile.. who knows I might even join in myself at some point.. Although I might just offer 3 mystery samples and see if anyone is willing to accommodate 🤔🙈


I'd definitely be up for this. Already have something similar running with some friends. Always up for expanding my whisky horizons!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jwbassman
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 529
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More samples posted today (on the right service this time, lesson learnt) and confirmation that the package I sent to bluepeter has been delivered and all is good so far Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krakow
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 179
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any particular sample bottles that experienced folks recommend?

I'm a relative beginner as well, so not sure I have too much to raise real excitement just now, but I'd be interested in taking part. Really wanting to expand my horizons.
_________________
The Drawing Room // Crimson Glow Photography
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 13 Dec 2016
Posts: 77
Location: Salisbury

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwbassman wrote:
More samples posted today (on the right service this time, lesson learnt) and confirmation that the package I sent to bluepeter has been delivered and all is good so far Laughing


All definitely good from my POV. I'm looking forward to tasting the whiskies that I received this morning.

And the Royal Mail Track and Trace says that the package I sent to jwbassman has also been delivered Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluepeter
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 13 Dec 2016
Posts: 77
Location: Salisbury

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakow wrote:
Are there any particular sample bottles that experienced folks recommend?

I'm a relative beginner as well, so not sure I have too much to raise real excitement just now, but I'd be interested in taking part. Really wanting to expand my horizons.


I bought some of these: http://tinyurl.com/zpd9qws . Amazon sell them in various quantities, so pick the pack size that looks best for you. The ones I received this morning from jwbassman were in identical bottles, so I'm clearly not the only person using them Smile

I'm also a beginner, and would be happy to swap with you if you have any that I haven't already tried (likely!). Please see the lists already posted in the sample exchange section of the forum, and add your own. Mine's there: you're free to browse and PM me if there's anything you fancy.


Last edited by bluepeter on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> The Whisky Sample Exchange All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 

 

© 2018 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.

This website was produced in Scotland.