www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Ardbeg gift choice

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Ardbeg gift choice

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Ardbeg should I get for a friend?
10 year old (warehouse special box)
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Uigeadail
91%
 91%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 46

Kallenovsky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Ardbeg gift choice Reply with quote

Hello, all, I've joined to ask this scotch-loving community to help me out in deciding a gift choice for a friend. I hope that's alright as I'm ignorant when it comes to scotch.

My friend is just getting into scotch and often talks about Ardbeg after trying Uigeadail some time ago. I know that she doesn't have any Ardbeg bottles at home, so I'm thinking this would be a great gift choice. The question now is: do I go with Uigeadail since she's tried it and loves it or do I go with the 10 year old in the unique warehouse box?

After my own research, I know that Uigeadail has received more praise, but I wonder if Ardbeg's 10 year old will still be just as great considering the collectable box, which I'm sure she'd really like. I appreciate anyone's input to help me out. Thanks.

James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say get her the Ardbeg Uigeadail if you already know she really likes it, the 10 year old is excellent but there is only so much pleasure you can get out of fancy packaging, if the whisky is intended to be drunk go for the Uigeadail and I am sure your friend will thank you for it.
Whisky Chaser
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally from a drinking point of view and being familiar with both whiskies I would choose the Uigeadail for myself but the 10 year old is no lesser whisky, simply a different expression and if your friend enjoyed Uigeadail she should certainly enjoy the 10.

I do like to try different whiskies and most whisky lovers are the same and with that in mind if your friend hasn't tried the Ardbeg 10 then perhaps that would be a good choice and it has the bonus of the special presentation box.
Craig Mac
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the voting so far, the Ardbeg Uigeadail would make a very welcome gift for anyone who enjoys Ardbeg
allyby
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Mac wrote:
I agree with the voting so far, the Ardbeg Uigeadail would make a very welcome gift for anyone who enjoys Ardbeg

Same here, you can't drink the box.
Kallenovsky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, everyone. I think the numbers for Uigeadail this early in voting have helped me make the best choice. Just out of curiosity for the future, does Uigeadail only tend to make unique boxes for the 10?

Blackadder
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most whisky companies, every once and a while Ardbeg present their whisky in a limited edition gift box,. I actually received an email from them today announcing the release of the second edition of their Ardbeg Warehouse gift tin. I do agree with others, although the presentation looks good you cant drink a tin and that is where all the pleasure is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: