www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Opening a whisky shop/bar

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Opening a whisky shop/bar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Recommended Whisky Bars & Pubs Of The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gasston1987

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Opening a whisky shop/bar Reply with quote

Evening all.

I was hoping to get some advice in regards to wanting to open a whisky shop/bar. I have been a big fan of whisky for many years now and after visiting a whisky shop recently that is miles away from where I live and with how much I just love the entire experience of it all. I was wanting to look into opening something that I love.

I have started looking a locations of places to rent. But my biggest question is how do you go about all your stock. is it something you just buy or do you need to go through the suppliers.

As I would like it to be a shop and bar where I can hold whisky events what licences I would need to apply for.

Any advice that can be given would be massively appreciated

Regards
Steve

Cuba
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve you would obviously need a licence which is normally issued by the local authority/council where the shop will be located. Make sure you can get a licence for the shop before proceeding any further with your plans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Recommended Whisky Bars & Pubs Of The World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: