www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Lagavulin Sensory tasting experience

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Lagavulin Sensory tasting experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lovethestuff
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Lagavulin Sensory tasting experience Reply with quote

Hi
Visiting Islay in a few weeks, has anyone done the sensory tasting experience at Lagavulin? Opinions? Duration? I've booked the 1100, but hope to get to. bunnahabhain for their 2pm warehouse tour. We have a designated driver, will I have time for both?

Keith
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend done the sensory tour done during the Islay festival 2016, he brought me back a bottle of the Lagavulin 18 year old Feis Ìle 2016. He said the sensory tasting was 2 hours. He said there was someone playing a fiddle during the tasting which was supposed to add to the sensory experience. The line up of whiskies tasted during the Islay festival may be different to what you may get to taste but they were the Lagavulin 8 year old anniversary malt, 12 year old , Jazz Festival bottling and the Lagavulin 18 year old Feis Ìle 2016.

If you give them a call I am sure they could verify times and what the tour will offer and whether you will have the time to get to Bunnahabhain, it should be no longer than 45 mins so you should be fine.
Lovethestuff
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that Keith. I've heard there's around 400 bottles of the Feis Ile bottling left, so hoping to grab a few.
I'll call the distillery tomorrow to confirm the duration, so I can make the 2pm tour at Bunnahabhain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: