www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Whisky and Warm Summer Weather

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Whisky and Warm Summer Weather

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McKay
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Whisky and Warm Summer Weather Reply with quote

Just wondered what whiskies others drink during the warm summer weather like what we are having just now in Scotland (long may it last).

Do you perhaps add a bit of ice to your malt. Do turn to blended whisky and perhaps add a mixer to make it into a refreshing long drink. Perhaps you dont you turn to a refreshing cold beer and dont bother with whisky when it is so warm. Do you have a preference of which whisky to have during the warm weather.

McKay

Samson
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like a beer when the weather is warm, as far as whisky is concerned i usually have a preference for sherried malts such as Macallan in warm weather and sometimes i would chill the bottle a little.

Samson
Mark
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly drink less whisky in the hot weather and tend not to drink as much Islay malts as i would in the winter. I do find a blended whisky such as Johnnie Walker Black label with a bit of ice very refreshing on a very warm evening although i dont tend to let the ice melt very much, it is more to chill the whisky rather than chill and dilute it.

Mark
Finlay
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing more refreshing than a cold beer on a hot summers day to cool you down but i still have my single malt in the evening just as much as i would in the cold weather. I store all my bottles in a cool dark cabinet so as they dont warm up too much this time of year.

Finlay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: