www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Kilchoman Distillery Auction Limited Edition Whisky

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Kilchoman Distillery Auction Limited Edition Whisky

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Kilchoman Distillery Auction Limited Edition Whisky Reply with quote

With its very first single malt being launched on 9th September this year, Kilchoman Distillery on the western isle of Islay is giving water of life connoisseurs an opportunity of a whisky lifetime.

On the 28th May, Kilchoman Distillery will auction a one of a kind bottle of the three year old malt out of the very first cask that was filled in December 2005.

The auction of the limited edition bottle takes place at Kilchoman Distillery's Open Day during Feis Ile, the Islay Festival of Malt & Music and all proceeds of the auction will go to local Islay charities.

Anthony Wills, founder and managing director of Kilchoman Distillery said: "We are looking forward to welcoming people from all over the world through the doors of Kilchoman Distillery during the festival. We have a very exciting year ahead, making history in the whisky industry and across the world."?

He added: "We are delighted to auction the limited edition bottle of our very first single malt to one lucky person. It is an excellent opportunity to take home a piece of Kilchoman History and we hope it will raise a considerable amount of money for local charities."?

The much anticipated single malt has been getting seals of approval from a very young age. The one month old Kilchoman spirit has received a remarkable score of 94 out of 100 in Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2008, rating it as a "superstar whisky that gives us all a reason to live!"?

Kilchoman Distillery prides itself in taking whisky back to its roots and is the first malt distillery to be built on Islay for 124 years.

William

Charlie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think bidding may be out of my price range but as long as the money goes to a good cause.

I see Kilchoman have a tasting note from Jim Murray on their website for a tasting of new spirit, doesnt exactly indicate how good the final product will be but if it is anything to go by it should be pretty good as Jim rated it 94 out of 100.

Charlie
Iain Mac

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had some of the new spirit a month ago. It was good stuff. Much older than it 'sounded'!
Springer

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tasted the new spirit, as Iain said good stuff. Hopefully a indicator of things to come.

Springer
Jackson
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a taste of this at the weekend at Inverary, first time i have tasted new spirit before it has sat in a barrel for a few years. I must say it was very good and i will definitely try Kilchoman in a few years time when it has had some time to mature.

Jackson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: