www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - distillery tours

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
distillery tours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sned85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: distillery tours Reply with quote

Hello
First time post on the forum
been a tour coach driver in Scotland for many a year doing whisky tours . my question is what was your favourite visit mines are as follows
1 AnAnoc great visit the staf are great and you get a real sense of a rural distillery
2 Old Pulteney . every time I take a small group in they are amazed at this big distillery in the middle of wick and once the north sea air hits them in the face they can understand old pulteneys great taste that little bit better.
3 Glenfarclas . family run great tours and the staff go that extra mile for the tour .

Bookie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum sned85.

What makes a distillery visit good for me is a combination of the quality of the tour, knowledge of the staff and whether the whisky the distillery produces is a favourite of mine. Also if the distillery offers bottle your own distillery exclusive bottling's.

Some of my favourite visits have been Balvenie, Glenfarclas and Aberlour
sned85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balvenie is on my to do list . I find the distillery exclusive bottling offers a great opportunity for that unique dram at a party and a great talking point .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: