www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Ballantines finest whiskey

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Ballantines finest whiskey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonyglover1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Ballantines finest whiskey Reply with quote

I've just found an unopened bottle of ballantines finest 2ltr bottle not knowing anything about whiskey (sorry) lol if I was to sell it what would I be expecting to ask. My dad won this over 17 yrs ago so maybe a little older, I don't know sorry.

Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 1.75 litre bottle of Ballantine's Finest goes for $57.95 Canadian or 27.88 British pounds
equivalent here in Ontario. The whisky in the bottle you have that was bought or won 17 years ago did not age past the time it was bottled. It is not a collectible whisky but a drinking scotch blended whisky. You'd be better off to drink it and toast to your dad each time you do. It is a lovely drop and easy on the palate.
Very Happy
Tonyglover1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply
ziggsteruk
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony!

I've seen a 1.75ltr bottle of a similar vintage sell at auction recently for £17.50 and a 3ltr go for £50. Depending on how you're intending to sell it you could ask £25 based on what I've seen. It's a nice blend but it's a blend, and a very common one, that didn't cost that much when new. It's not exactly collectible and the current version (available in most supermarkets) is considered to be as good as it gets, so there's no real demand for bottles from 17+ years ago. Personally I'd recommend giving it as a Christmas gift to a friend/relative that you know enjoys whisky because they'd value it more than what you could get for it in hard cash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whiskies Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: