www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Metal Bottle Opener

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Metal Bottle Opener

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mammoore531

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Metal Bottle Opener Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea about metal bottle openers. The one I have is a metal bottle. Green background and a label for Black & white Scotch Whisky. When you press on the top of the bottle the bottle opener pops out of the bottom. I was trying to find out what it is worth. It was made in Germany. It is about 2 3/4" tall. We found it in some of my fathers belongings.

Calder
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I cannot really picture what you have but i can say i havent come across any whisky bottle which required a bottle opener all whisky bottles i have known either have a screw cap or a cork which is designed to be removed by hand and reinserted again.

I know Black & White did produce a awful lot of Black & White whisky merchandise to promote their brand, this was usually bar related merchandise such as ashtrays, mirrors, trays, jugs, ceramic ornaments of the Black & White dogs. It is very likely they also had bottle openers.

Today Black & White memorabilia is quite popular worldwide. Anything with the famous Black & White Westie and Scottie dogs is collectable but i wouldnt think worth a great deal of money. If you keep a watch on ebay you will get an idea what Black & White memorabilia sells for but unfortunately it is not a lot.

Calder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: