www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - left a load of whiskeys and dont know what to do with them?

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
left a load of whiskeys and dont know what to do with them?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegrail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: left a load of whiskeys and dont know what to do with them? Reply with quote

My father recently passed away ive been left a load of old whiskeys mostly all full and sealed but a few emptys as well anyway the full ones are
wade xmas bell 1989 x2, 1990,1991,1992,1993
1990 princes eugine
1988 princess Beatrice
1982 prince William
royal doultom merlin
royal doulton kestrel
dimple de luxe x 2
chivas regal
black and white
oban whiskey
glencoe red box
bells 12 yr old
Charles and diana
queen mother
bells royal rare reserve
long john jug
bells de lux
highland park
tullamore dew jug

al these are full also got a few empty bells etc anyone know what these are worth? and who would buy them? ive found prices online for these which can all still be bought even though some are collectable ive matched the bottles and the old ones such as black and white £199 online, highland park £275 online chivas regal £120 bells royal reserve £149.99 Charles and dianna £199 etc etc I really don't know what to do with them and would rather sell the lot the price ive worked out retail is just over £2,200 this is price matching the same bottles online I will take a lot less than that but don't know where to start? im in Swansea for collection or viewing.

if you send me your email address I can send you pictures I cannot work out how to upload them on here[/url]

Bookie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is worth noting that the shop prices you see online are not the prices you will get in a auction or private sale. In general you would expect to get around half what the shops are selling the whisky for.

Check out mctears.co.uk and scotchwhiskyauctions.com to get a rough value of your whiskies.
thegrail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with half of what they are worth
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember there will be postage and auction costs if you decide to put them to auction and this should be considered when pricing the whisky for a private sale. Some of the Bells decanter may be difficult to sell as there where loads of these made and few are sought after by whisky drinkers.
thegrail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold a few now kestrAl, merlin, princess Beatrice, princess eugine, prince William, bells 1989 Xmas, Charles and dianna, queen mother,all now sold still have quite a few left though.
thegrail

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody wishing for pictures please send me your email address all these whiskeys are years old nothing new here so some collectable rare ones like highland park and black and white and dimple etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whiskies Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: