www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Amazon Whisky Bargains - Page 43

 

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Amazon Whisky Bargains
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BigShing
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2019
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's all rather pointless having a S&S option on something like this which you're not gonna be purchasing once a week and making any kind of saving on the listed price, and if they're not gonna freeze the listed price for people who sign up then it's just even more redundant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 23 Apr 2018
Posts: 289

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Glenlivet Nadurra Peated 61.5 % Vol Deal Price: £39.99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Latic
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 25 Nov 2016
Posts: 117
Location: Inverness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagavulin 16yo @ 43.99

Lagavulin 16DE @ 65.99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 23 Apr 2018
Posts: 289

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few reductions
Talisker 10 £25.49
Talisker Skye £21.49
Aberlour 12 £25.99
Green Spot £30.99
Glenlivet Nadurra Oloroso £39.99
Caol Ila 12 £33.49
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ant_in_wales
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 32
Location: Aberystwyth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the Wild Turkey 101, and this Rare Breed (which should be) at 118 would be a hell of a thing at £42.50.
Has anyone tried it? Is it any better than the 101?
And any Rye recommendations? (beyond Wild Turkey's, which I enjoyed)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 23 Apr 2018
Posts: 289

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant_in_wales wrote:
I'm a big fan of the Wild Turkey 101, and this Rare Breed (which should be) at 118 would be a hell of a thing at £42.50.
Has anyone tried it? Is it any better than the 101?
And any Rye recommendations? (beyond Wild Turkey's, which I enjoyed)


Ralfy reviewed a Rye on Youtube yesterday
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ant_in_wales
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 32
Location: Aberystwyth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattS wrote:

Ralfy reviewed a Rye on Youtube yesterday

Thank you
I'm struggling to get past his slow delivery, and long explanation of the phrase "A Change is a good as a rest"
Using a cliche is bad enough, explaining it is even worse.
Ah, I see the video is 18 minutes. This fella assumes we have a lot of time.
OK I'll go back in
[@ 2'50]
Thanks for the tip, Matt, but I find him incredibly irritating. I work with someone who appears to be trying to be boring as a joke, and I find this fella too similar.
It's like he's trying to make a performance art piece satirizing whisky lovers.
Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigShing
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2019
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Ralfy is talking about when he says "A change is as good as a rest" is palate fatigue, which is definitely a problem if you drink regularly and stick to the same drinks. I tend to have a good sized dram every night and I know exactly what he's talking about, it's why I like to jump between all regions of Malt and Irish and Bourbon whiskies, and wanna move into Brandy and Rum too. Drinking too many Islay malts night in night out for instance does lead to a situation where the whisky just tastes flat, it's not punching you in the face like it used to. Obviously if you're not drinking so regularly this may never be an issue you'll run into.

Never had Rare Breed but I know it's considered a stellar bourbon and is more highly regarded than the 101. Always wanted to try it, but I'm a tight * and I keep dreaming that it will drop below £40 in a Black Friday sale. :D

The Woodford Reserve Rye is only £25 at Asda IIRC and I rate that quite highly. WhistlePig also do good ryes imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deadz101
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 02 Feb 2016
Posts: 135
Location: scotland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the Hudson rye and the pikesville (if you can find it) are decent. Thomas H Handy on the other hand is a different league, enjoy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 23 Apr 2018
Posts: 289

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Bulleit Rye is on special on Amazon £22.49

Whisky Snob drinking rye https://youtu.be/X4hf-3GjPqs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

davidbe
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 309

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigShing wrote:
What Ralfy is talking about when he says "A change is as good as a rest" is palate fatigue, which is definitely a problem if you drink regularly and stick to the same drinks. I tend to have a good sized dram every night and I know exactly what he's talking about, it's why I like to jump between all regions of Malt and Irish and Bourbon whiskies, and wanna move into Brandy and Rum too. Drinking too many Islay malts night in night out for instance does lead to a situation where the whisky just tastes flat, it's not punching you in the face like it used to. Obviously if you're not drinking so regularly this may never be an issue you'll run into.

Never had Rare Breed but I know it's considered a stellar bourbon and is more highly regarded than the 101. Always wanted to try it, but I'm a tight * and I keep dreaming that it will drop below £40 in a Black Friday sale. :D

The Woodford Reserve Rye is only £25 at Asda IIRC and I rate that quite highly. WhistlePig also do good ryes imo.



Whistlepig's stuff is largely sourced. Their high end bottlings (Boss Hog) either come from MGP in Indiana (which is where Bulleit Rye comes from) or from Canadian rye (their older age stated bottles). Their recent Farmstock includes an amount of their own distillate, which is only a few yers old.


Woodford Rye at £25 is a great start, I'd recommend that.


As for the Rare Breed, if you like the 101 and fancy a step up then go for it, at the discount price it's a great pour.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ant_in_wales
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 32
Location: Aberystwyth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadz101 wrote:
Both the Hudson rye and the pikesville (if you can find it) are decent. Thomas H Handy on the other hand is a different league, enjoy!

I had the Hudson Rye as my Hotel Room Bottle on our trip to New Year years ago and it was superb.
Slightly disagreeable day at work Thursday so Rare Breed ordered.
While waiting, I had Grahams LBV last night with Cambozola and then a relentless attack on the Highland Park 12 I got for £25 from Morrisons.
Not had it in ages, and it was superb.
The bottle will be reused for sloe gin next August, that's for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ant_in_wales
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 32
Location: Aberystwyth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbe wrote:

Woodford Rye at £25 is a great start, I'd recommend that.
.

No Asda near here, but Mr Amazon has Woodford Rye at £28, so that'll do me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 23 Apr 2018
Posts: 289

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Black Friday" Week from today so various reduced and if like last year there will be daily deals.

Currently have a High Coast Hav Swedish Whisky at £32.50. I've not heard of it before but priced about £48 elsewhere.

Talisker Skye £21
Talisker 10 £25.49
Redbreast 12 £33.99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Latic
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 25 Nov 2016
Posts: 117
Location: Inverness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagavulin 16yo 40.99 Shocked Top Malt Top Malt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 43 of 46

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 

 

© 2018 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.

This website was produced in Scotland.