www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Amazon Whisky Bargains - Page 42

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Amazon Whisky Bargains
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigShing
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattS wrote:
Is the Glanfarclas 15 the best value point in their range?
Undoubtedly imo, I rate it a definite step up from the 12yr and on par with the 18yr. I tried all three with a friend at a whisky festival recently and I struggled to pick a favourite between the 18 and 15 whereas my friend thought the 15yr was better.

You can get the 105 for a pretty cheap price over on Amazon via 3rd party sellers if you splurge on a 1litre bottle (got mine for around £42, it's only £40 now though), but to me the 15yr is better. The 105 is a little too much of a sherry bomb for my tastes.

MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the insights on the Glenfarclas options. I've often been tempted by the 105 and wondered on the 1 litre bottles that look to be shipped from Europe?
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 105 is really good too, personally I rate it on a par with the Aberlour a'bunadh, and after the recent price hikes it's definitely better value. If you haven't tried them - I would describe both the 15 and the 105 as the 'biggest' whiskies in the Glenfarclas core range. They're much more sherry monster-like next to the subtler 10, 12, 21, 25 and 30. (haven't had the 17/18)
BigShing
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah definitely, the 15yr is more sherry-influenced than the other age-statement whiskies in their range that I've tried, but the 105 is more sherry-influenced still, going further than the 15yr, when you first open the bottle it's like smelling a bottle of sherry! :D

MattS wrote:
Thanks guys for the insights on the Glenfarclas options. I've often been tempted by the 105 and wondered on the 1 litre bottles that look to be shipped from Europe?
My bottle from amazon third party (The Grapevine) has the same barcode as this. It doesn't look like it shipped from Europe, but then I don't know if there's something obvious that would enable me to tell, never knowingly imported from Europe before!
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Grapevine is the UK and fulfilled by Amazon. Other sellers various spots around Europe ...

https://amzn.to/2BAGrHH

BigShing
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah so you're going by the seller info on amazon, I should have checked that myself! :D

Yeah it's a shame Grapevine are no longer selling it at that pricepoint as they were very fast getting it to me. Not sure if my deal was one of those one-off price drops or whether they have a sale on it every now and then.
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the sellers on www.amazon.de look to do UK delivery, the ones that quote delivery dates appear to do it.
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tasting pack of 200ml bottles of Aberfeldy 12, Aultmore 12 and Craigellachie 13 down to £35.99. This Aberfeldy is bottled at 46%, not the usual 40%. I always thought Aberfeldy had a nice profile but was let down by the low strength so this is very welcome news.

EDIT: Aberfeldy have now confirmed it's un-chill filtered, like the Aultmore and Craigellachie.

Last edited by Alexppp on Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
John

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexppp wrote:
Tasting pack of 200ml bottles of Aberfeldy 12, Aultmore 12 and Craigellachie 13 down to £35.99. This Aberfeldy is bottled at 46%, not the usual 40%. I always thought Aberfeldy had a nice profile was let down by the low strength so this is very welcome news.
Nice spot Alexppp, I have grabbed a pack for myself, actually tempted to grab a second.

Anyone interested you will fond the tasting pack here: https://amzn.to/2BwZOBz
John

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotted the Highland Park Viking Tribe on offer again, £29.99 a good whisky for this price, you will find it here https://amzn.to/2p7BnIn

Latic
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowmore 12 £24.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MAPFHM/ref=gbps_rlm_s-4_1a55_434369e2?psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=88f6b64b-8dd4-4955-9326-9efe67a81a55&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=XZTF781MD84N889SJ2GB

Also, Old Pulteney 12 at £24.00
BigShing
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redbreast 12yr is back down to £35.99 on Amazon, but what's interesting now is that it's available on Subscribe & Save:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redbreast-Single-Still-Irish-Whiskey/dp/B00IXL998C

I've never availed myself of their Subscribe & Save service, so I don't know if they will basically just increase the price or not, but if they honour that pricepoint for the length of your subscription, that's pretty damn good imo!
IndianaBlues
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigShing wrote:
Redbreast 12yr is back down to £35.99 on Amazon, but what's interesting now is that it's available on Subscribe & Save:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redbreast-Single-Still-Irish-Whiskey/dp/B00IXL998C

I've never availed myself of their Subscribe & Save service, so I don't know if they will basically just increase the price or not, but if they honour that pricepoint for the length of your subscription, that's pretty damn good imo!

The subscribe and save price can change each month, so you need to be careful over a longer period, but there's nothing to stop you from cancelling the subscription as soon as your first has been dispatched.
BigShing
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, thought that might be the case so I'll definitely keep an eye on it!
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All about recurring revenue business models Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 42 of 46

Jump to: