www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Picked up two Canadian Whisky New Additions for me!

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Picked up two Canadian Whisky New Additions for me!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Picked up two Canadian Whisky New Additions for me! Reply with quote

I picked up two new bottles of Canadian whisky:

Century Reserve Lot 15-25 Custom Blend Canadian Rye Whisky 40%abv

"The whisky is composed of a blend of whiskies from a range of 15 to 25 years old. The barrels from which it is blended originated from Highwood's purchase of stocks from Potters, a whisky broker, and some of the older stocks likely originated from an even older (and now closed) Seagram's distillery in Weyburn, Saskatchewan". (Whisky Won excerpt).

Jim Murray likes this one at 88.5 (very good to excellent). I'll let you know what I think when I open it in the near future.

The other bottle I got today is:

Schenley Golden Wedding 40%abv with three whiskies, of different ages matured in white oak casks.

Excerpt from LCBO: "Light and smooth with a slight grainy quality in the aroma and flavour; balanced and smooth; full-bodied".

Jim Murray rates this one at 92 and calls it "sublime" with "extra age and maturity".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Canadian Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: