www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - 3 more Aberdeen bars

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
3 more Aberdeen bars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Recommended Whisky Bars & Pubs Of The World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziggsteruk
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: 3 more Aberdeen bars Reply with quote

In addition to posts already made about Aberdeen whisky bars such as The Grill, Malmaison and The St Macher, I thought I'd add the following places I've popped into this year:

CASC - Merchant Quarter, near the market

A basement bar (my favourite type) run by a couple of young chaps that have turned their love of whisky into a business. They have a good selection of quirky real ales, various cigars and an excellent array of whiskies. Speaking to one of the owners he said they aim to stock whisky that is different, rather than what you can buy from the supermarket (plenty of independent bottlings on show). Sounds great but one problem with this approach became apparent when I kept selecting whiskies from their list that got the response "sorry, that's out of stock"?. It seems they often only get one bottle of most things, which is hardly surprising when they're buying from auctions and obscure places online. They offer whisky flights (groups of 4 selected drams) which looked good and the service and knowledge was excellent.

Tippling House, Belmont Street

I tried my first Yamazaki in this bar. Again another basement one, situated in the drinking centre of the city. Since the pub also offers food, cocktails, ales and other spirits, the selection of whisky isn't extensive. Nevertheless there are a few interesting ones to be had in a part of town more geared up for students than knowledgeable malt-sippers.

Whisky Bar, Palm Court Hotel

Situated in Aberdeen's west end, this one is further out of town but within easy walking distance of the Malmaison, The Dutch Mill, Dizzy's, No.10, The Albyn, and then you stagger back into town. With the name "Whisky Bar"? I was a bit disappointed that the majority of the selection was straight off the supermarket shelves. But it's a nice, cosy bar and I had a pleasant Balvenie 15yo Single Cask followed by a Springbank 10yo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Recommended Whisky Bars & Pubs Of The World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: