www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Anyone been on the Scotch Whisky Experience - Edinburgh

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Anyone been on the Scotch Whisky Experience - Edinburgh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Anyone been on the Scotch Whisky Experience - Edinburgh Reply with quote

OK so not a distillery but I figured this was the best place to put it.
The tours in the scotch whisky experience are rather vague as to what whiskies I'm likely to get to sample. Has anyone done the gold, platinum or morning masterclass that could comment on what they were like?

Cheers

James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

albo or bifter on here are based in or around Edinburgh i think and they may be able to tell you. I keep meaning to visit it myself since they got the Diageo Claive Vidiz whisky collection.

bifter recently done an excellent post about his visit to the Edinburgh Whisky Experience

http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3683
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T wrote:
albo or bifter on here are based in or around Edinburgh i think and they may be able to tell you. I keep meaning to visit it myself since they got the Diageo Claive Vidiz whisky collection.

bifter recently done an excellent post about his visit to the Edinburgh Whisky Experience

Cheers. Hopefully they will notice the post. If not I'll drop them a PM.
Its annoying as I really wanted to do the platinum tour but its only on around 6pm each day which ends up being inconvenient as me and my father in law will need to get a bus in and back. The gold tour suggests it wil be more like a classic malts sampling pack and probably not include anything I've not already tried. I've got tesco vouchers of £50 for us so I don't need value for money just something that I will enjoy
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T wrote:

Its annoying as I really wanted to do the platinum tour but its only on around 6pm each day which ends up being inconvenient as me and my father in law will need to get a bus in and back. The gold tour suggests it wil be more like a classic malts sampling pack and probably not include anything I've not already tried. I've got tesco vouchers of £50 for us so I don't need value for money just something that I will enjoy
albo
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyroid20 wrote:
James T wrote:

I was there a few weeks back but we did a private tasting. So I'm not sure what the offering for the gold or platinum tours would include tasting wise. However I'd suggest ringing them. They may very well be happy to give you a platinum tour at a more suitable time for yourself. They seem really good sorts in there so I've a feeling they might help you out. If nothing else they will be able to let you know what drams you can expect from each tour.

Bifter might have more info than me. Hes the wise and educated one
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

albo wrote:

I was there a few weeks back but we did a private tasting. So I'm not sure what the offering for the gold or platinum tours would include tasting wise. However I'd suggest ringing them. They may very well be happy to give you a platinum tour at a more suitable time for yourself. They seem really good sorts in there so I've a feeling they might help you out. If nothing else they will be able to let you know what drams you can expect from each tour.

Cheers

I'll give them a bell tomorrow.

Oh great and wise Bifter, please chime in

bifter
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyroid20 wrote:
albo wrote:

Cheers

albo's too fond of superlatives I'm afraid, I can't add to his advice really. I would just give them a call and see what they can do/advise.
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bifter wrote:
andyroid20 wrote:
albo wrote:

Cheers

albo's too fond of superlatives I'm afraid, I can't add to his advice really. I would just give them a call and see what they can do/advise.

Biggest let down ever! Lol
Will do. Thanks guys
albo
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bifter wrote:
andyroid20 wrote:
albo wrote:

Cheers

What happened to managing your brand?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: