www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Companions of the Quaich Dinner and Tasting - My Report

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Companions of the Quaich Dinner and Tasting - My Report

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Companions of the Quaich Dinner and Tasting - My Report Reply with quote

Last night I attended my single malt scotch club event in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Order of the Companions of the Quaich. I knew there would be 3 limited edition Jura expressions but didn't know which ones until they were served.

The first was Jura 1996 15 year single cask, Boutique barrel, cask strength at 56.5% abv OB

The second was Jura 1995 15 Year single cask, Boutique barrel cask strength at 56.5% abv OB

The third was Jura 1993 17 Year single sherry cask, Boutique barrel, cask strength at 54% abv OB

This is the first time that all three drams were from the same distiller. The first listed packed a powerful punch and is not for the faint of heart. I would say that though it had some appeal to me, it showed a certain rough around the edge, harshness to my palate. The second dram was a little more contained but having much of the same qualities but less harsh. The third dram, the 17 year was quite delightful. The first two responded to a few drops of water and opened a bit. The 17 year requires no water as it is perfectly balanced and delectable at 54% abv, imbibed "neat".

My taste notes for each now appears in the Tasting Notes section of the Forum.

Charlie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be some exceptions but i always consider Jura to be one of thse whiskys that really does improve with age. Not had the chance to try any of the 3 you tasted last night Quaich1 but the 17 sounds appealing.
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read your tasting notes Murray, the Jura 1993 17 year old sounds like it was a good one.
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
Just read your tasting notes Murray, the Jura 1993 17 year old sounds like it was a good one.

Hi William. Yes, I would definitely recommend this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: