www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Tullibardine & Glenturret

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Tullibardine & Glenturret

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
albo
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Tullibardine & Glenturret Reply with quote

Just a quick note here to catch up on the last couple of distillery visits I have recently undertaken.

While staying up at Crieff I went to the Tullibardine and Glenturret distilleries. I didn't do any of the tours as I was with the wife and my 2 year old who really wouldn't have lasted out me doing any tours.

Firstly the Tullibardine, nice wee distillery and a newly decked out shop, the guy in the shop was excellent and we had a good natter about all things whisky. I've never been a massive fan of Tullibardine but I picked up a bottle of the Soverign in the shop, the guy was good enough to let me try a dram of it and also a dram of the 20yo without charge which is always nice. Worth a visit if you're up Crieff way I'm sure the tour would be good as the staff were really nice and very knowledgable.

Secondly to Gelnturret, it's my second time here and I have to say I'm not a massive fan, it's badged up the Famous Grouse experience as really does play on that and nothing more. At least this time they had a bottle of Glenturret 10 which I picked up, I was quite impressed with this from the taste they gave me so that was a bonus. I'm not sure about the tour here, I think it would be aimed too much at the tourist Famous Grouse market which for my tastes will do nothing for me, I'm sure it has all the required razzamataz but as a distillery tour there are many others I'd choose first.

All in all a nice wee trip and a couple of distillerys visited.

James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time i was at Tullibardine my wife wnet into the Baxters shop while i did the tour when i cam out with a bottle of the Tullibardine sherry finish i found she had spent more than me in the Baxters shop than i spent in the distillery. There was a whisky shop in the Baxters shop also, although not cheap but a decent range to browse. It may actually have been part of the Whsky Shop chain.

I havent been to Glenturret, just just imagine the Famous Grouse experience will be very touristy.
Toiler On The Sea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post on here, Hello.

Did a day of visiting last year, managed Tullibardine, GlenTurret, Deanston and Glengoyne in the one day.
All without tours/tasting unfortunately, as I was driving, but each nice to visit on their own merits and a good excuse to go back for tastings Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: