www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Inverness distilleries

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Inverness distilleries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Inverness distilleries Reply with quote

I'm staying on Skye and had a most enjoyable Talisker tasting tour yesterday. Excellent value for money and a great afternoon. I've been looking at what else is about and round Inverness I found glen ord, tomatin and dalmore. Hoping to go to them all but just wondering if any of you have experience as to which have better tours/tasting so Ican prioritise if iI can't make them all.

albo
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been to any of these, however, for my own personal tastes I'd love to visit Glen Ord and Tomtain, not so much Dalmore, though with the amount of marketing investment in Dalmore, I would imagine the experiance there might well be the better of the 3.
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalmore recently invested quite a bit in their distillery vistor set up so i think it should be a good visit and if you get the chance to taste any limited edition or special bottlings of the Dalmore they can be surprising good.

Glen Ord is a good visit nothing special, like Talisker run by Diageo. They produce a decent whisky which i wish we saw more of as a single malt but i think most goes into the Johnnie Walker blends.

Tomatin is worth a visit, they have (or they did have) a detailed tasting tour which cost £30 if i remember correctly, which included a detailed tour, a visit to the Tomatin cooperage and bonded warehouse and a tasting session of the Tomatin range. They also have a standard tour for a few pound if you want to save your cash for a bottle to take home. I would advise calling to book the detailed tour if you are interested in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: