www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - New Bowmore Tempest Batch 4

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New Bowmore Tempest Batch 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: New Bowmore Tempest Batch 4 Reply with quote

A little later than we have been expecting but it is finally here. Bowmore have announced the release of the Bowmore Tempest Batch 4.

Bowmore Tempest Batch 4 was bottled at 10 years old at a cask strength of 55.1% ABV and with less than 2,000 cases released worldwide this is a limited edition. The price like most whiskies has crept up a bit since the last batch was released, you should find it available in whisky shops from May priced with an RRP of £49.99

I tried it for the first time last night and thought it was a gentler more delicate expression of Bowmore Tempest and still very much a quality expression. As we have come to expect from the Tempest it has great balance between the delicate peat smoke, citrus and vanilla. Another cracking gentle coastal dram from Bowmore.

More info and my tasting note here:
www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/bowmoretempestbatch4.htm

chrisg
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder where Tempest 4 had gotten to, i have had them all so far and this sounds like it will be worth trying also. I would love to see them release a older cask strength version, say 18 years old.
Alastair
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it still has its punchy pepperyness, batch 1 & 3 have been my favourites so far. Going by your note William , batch 4 sounds a bit tamer smoke wise and fruiter than 1 & 3. I will be giving it a try when it comes available next month as i have enjoyed the first 3 batches. I see the price has went up a bit but hopefully the the likes of TWE will be selling it at a few pound under the RRP.
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastair i have loved every one of the Bowmore Tempest batches so far including this new batch 4. I agree batch 1 probably had more "punchy pepperyness" .

chrisg wrote:
I did wonder where Tempest 4 had gotten to, i have had them all so far and this sounds like it will be worth trying also. I would love to see them release a older cask strength version, say 18 years old.
I would certainly have a bottle if they were to bottle an older expression.
JAB
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisg wrote:

This years festival bottle should be good at £50 if it is a 15yo again
"A limited release of natural cask strength, bourbon matured, non chill-filtered Bowmore"

Must admit batch 4 is a must have to go with the past tempest releases

My Tasting Note

Nice light golden straw colour

Nose - salty ocean spray, opening up to red summer fruits and very slight berry / citris

Palate - Pink Grapefruit on a bed of wood spice, with grated zest, Peppery, Pine nuts, vanilla essence, dried mangos, a classic Bowmore

Almost like space dust on your tongue for a few seconds!
Innes
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish i had kept a couple of bottles of batch 1 as it looks like the Tempest will be a continuing series for the foreseeable future and batch 1 could be quite collectable in years to come.

Andy M
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William, I really need to read your posts more closely, I just spent the last 10 minutes looking for a online whisky shop that has the new Bowmore Tempest batch 4 and have just realised you said
Quote:
you should find it available in whisky shops from May
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: