www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Visiting Skye

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Visiting Skye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Visiting Skye Reply with quote

So im off up to skye soon. Obviously talisker is going to be my first port of call. As far as I can see though they dont do any tasting upgrades which is disappointing. Is that the case? Ive looked what else is nearby. Ben Nevis might be worth a look. Anywhere else anyone knows of?

Grant M
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends which way you are heading to Skye, I assume by car and heading up the west coast. Then you may be passing clse to Auchentoshan and Glengoyne near Glasgow and you could pay Oban a visit on the way up and as you say Ben Nevis.
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Grant has pin-pointed them all if you are heading up the west coast. The only other West Highland distillery i can think of is Dalwhinnie but that isnt exactly on the way to Skye from Fort William it is more on the way to Speyside.
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Dont think I'll be able to go to any on the journey up as im going up with the outlaws and im driving. So it will just have to be whats reasonable to drive to when im up there.
William
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talisker do a standard classic tour for £5 and they did offer a Talisker Tasting Tour option, this incudes a more indepth distillery tour where you get to taste 5 samples and it also includes a limited edition tasting glass. The tour is only run in the afternoon on selected days. Not sure if they are still runing the Talisker Tasting Tour which cost £15 (price may have gone up) but you could try contacting them in advance to see if you can book it.
albo
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyroid20 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Dont think I'll be able to go to any on the journey up as im going up with the outlaws and im driving. So it will just have to be whats reasonable to drive to when im up there.

Depending on what route you're taking, Oban is a lovely wee place to stop off and have a bite to eat to break up the journy. If you just happened to be in the middle of Oban the distillery is right there so while the In-Laws had a walk about you could quickly nip off do a tour and have a snifter, just the one as you're driving mind!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Visiting Whisky Distilleries in Scotland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: