www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - LCBO beats UK price on Glenfarclas 12 & 17

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
LCBO beats UK price on Glenfarclas 12 & 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: LCBO beats UK price on Glenfarclas 12 & 17 Reply with quote

I'm always expounding on how we here in Ontario pay 25-35% more than folks in the UK for the same single malt scotch. Well, here's a switch. The Glenfarclas 12 is $6.00 cheaper in Ontario than in UK. Am I dreaming?

Very Happy Wink

Alastair
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: LCBO beats UK price on Glenfarclas 12 Reply with quote

Quaich1 wrote:
I'm always expounding on how we here in Ontario pay 25-35% more than folks in the UK for the same single malt scotch. Well, here's a switch. The Glenfarclas 12 is $6.00 cheaper in Ontario than in UK. Am I dreaming?

Very Happy Wink
Did you clear the shelf Very Happy

It is always good to find a bargain and the Glenfarclas 12 is a decent whisky.
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: LCBO beats UK price on Glenfarclas 12 Reply with quote

Alastair wrote:
Quaich1 wrote:

Very Happy Wink
Did you clear the shelf Very Happy

It is always good to find a bargain and the Glenfarclas 12 is a decent whisky.

Actually Alastair, when I checked on their site to see if there were any LCBO oultets close to me where I coud get a bottle, it indicated there were no bottles in Ontario. That seemed weird as it was featured in their new promotion add. I shot off an email to them and they responded within 30 minutes as follows:

"This product was received late from the supplier. We do expect inventory in stores by the end of next week and regret this inconvenience".

I'll check it out then. By the way,they aso have the Glenfarclas 17 for $107 Canadian. It goes for 100 pounds in UK so $80. Can cheaper here, even a bigger spread than the 12. Go figure.

Very Happy
Alexppp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the 12 and the 17 are primarily for your side of the pond, which would explain the price disparity. I've never tried them myself, although I've had all the ones in between - the 10, 15 and 21.
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Glenfarclas 12 started as a travel retail expression i think, you used to get a 1 litre bottle for a good price at the airports but it seems to have diaappeared from airport shelves now and it is in whisky shops in the standard 70cl size bottle. Murray if you havent tried it, it is a pretty good expression of Glenfarclas and certainly worth a go if discounted.
newhey
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T wrote:
The Glenfarclas 12 started as a travel retail expression i think, you used to get a 1 litre bottle for a good price at the airports but it seems to have diaappeared from airport shelves now and it is in whisky shops in the standard 70cl size bottle. Murray if you havent tried it, it is a pretty good expression of Glenfarclas and certainly worth a go if discounted.

Glenfarclas 12 is sold at Waitrose in the uk. Picked up a bottle for £26 before Xmas, lovely stuff.

albo
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T wrote:

I got a 1l bottle a couple of years back at Amsterdam airport.

As you say its a good malt. Not the best there is but enjoyable all the same
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: