www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Blackadder "Smoking Islay"

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Blackadder "Smoking Islay"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Blackadder "Smoking Islay" Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

As a Christmas present I got a bottle of Blackadder "Smoking Islay" at 57.7% Raw Cask.
Does anyone know from which distillery it could be. Question
The Whisky Castle owner in Tomintoul told me that it is Ardbeg, but friends told me it's Caol Ila....... Embarassed
Looking forwards to your input. Slainte Rene

Alastair
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rene

I have never had this myself but i have heard from friends that it is a very good dram. I have heard 3 possible distilleries mentioned: Ardbeg, Caol Ila and Laphroaig. Dont know why Blackadder are so secretive about which distillery it originates from as they usually state the distillery on there bottlings. Sorry i am not much help but i would be interested in what you think of it once you open it.

Alastair
islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Smoking Islay Reply with quote

Alastair wrote:
Hi Rene

I have never had this myself but i have heard from friends that it is a very good dram. I have heard 3 possible distilleries mentioned: Ardbeg, Caol Ila and Laphroaig. Dont know why Blackadder are so secretive about which distillery it originates from as they usually state the distillery on there bottlings. Sorry i am not much help but i would be interested in what you think of it once you open it.
Alastair

Thanks for that Alastair,
I spoke to Robin Tucek from Blackadder but he doesnt want to give me any indication where he got the barrel from. Mad
As I mentioned before Gordon Homer from Spiritofislay mentioned to me that "as a norm" Caol Ila is used for 'no-named' single malts, as Lagavulin and Ardbeg Malts are not 'usualy' used for single barrel bottlings (other then for themselves'.
It looks like I need to nose & taste it myself (which is not a bad idea) ! ! Laughing
Slainte Rene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: