www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Tesco Highland Malt

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Tesco Highland Malt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Tesco Highland Malt Reply with quote

I have been drinking a bottle of Tesco Highland malt tonight which i received as a christmas gift. It is the first time i have had it and I am quite impressed with it, in fact i could swear it is Old Pulteney. Anyone else tried this and what where your thoughts on what it might be in the bottle. Anyway whatever it is, it is a very good value dram. Top Malt

Mark

Keith
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark

Out of all the supermarket whiskies i rate the Tesco whiskies the highest. I found their Highland and Islay malts all very good for the money. Their Speyside malt was ok.

Interesting that you suspect their Highland malt is Old Pulteney, it has been a long time since i had it, i will have to pick myself up another bottle to do a comparison.

Keith
Alastair
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not had the Tesco Highland whisky but i can say I think the Tesco Islay whisky is the best choice out of the supermarket brand Islay whiskies. Certainly worth the £15 price.

Mark you have got me curious about the Tesco highland malt now, like Keith i just may have to pick one up, for research purposes of course.

Alastair
Martin G
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastair wrote:
I have not had the Tesco Highland whisky but i can say I think the Tesco Islay whisky is the best choice out of the supermarket brand Islay whiskies. Certainly worth the £15 price.

I agree Alastair Tescos Islay malt is the best i have tasted out of the supermarket Islay malts. I tried them all at a supermarket tasting/session i was at last year. If i remember correectly i scored Tesco highest and Morrisons lowest with Asda and M & S somewhere in the middle.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: