www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Over 10000 Bottles of Bowmore Christmas Malt Whisky Stolen

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Over 10000 Bottles of Bowmore Christmas Malt Whisky Stolen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Over 10000 Bottles of Bowmore Christmas Malt Whisky Stolen Reply with quote

Criminal Connoisseurs have been at it again.

This time over 10000 bottles of Bowmore have been stolen. The bottles of Bowmore Islay Single Malt, with a retail value of almost £300,000, were taken last Tuesday from a haulier in the Hertfordshire area. The stolen whisky included various aged bottles of Bowmore, from the 12 year old to 25 year old.

If you where hoping to get some Bowmore in your Christmas stocking this year dont worry as Bowmore is desperately bottling more of the spirit to ensure that British retailers and consumers will not be disappointed this Christmas.

Glen Moore, the Bowmore brand director, said:

"We are confident we will be able to supply all retailers with Bowmore and customers will still be able to buy Scotlands number one Islay malt whisky for Christmas.

I wonder if there is a connection with recent Bruichladdich robbery mentioned in this posting http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=218

I wonder if it was the same haulier, definitely a coincidence both hauls came from Islay.

John

Big Mac
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an alibi for this one as well.

Seriously i would guess if Bowmore was not available to consumers at this time of year it could affect future sales throughout the new year. I would think the men at the Bowmore bottling plant are working double time.

Mac
Keith
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Over 10000 Bottles of Bowmore Christmas Malt Whisky Stol Reply with quote

John wrote:
I wonder if there is a connection with recent Bruichladdich robbery mentioned in this posting http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=218

I wonder if it was the same haulier, definitely a coincidence both hauls came from Islay.

John

The other Islay distilleries will have to double the guard on the next load they ship to England.

Kieth
Derek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they dont start targeting Ardbeg, lol

Derek
islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: stealing malt whisky Reply with quote

Derek wrote:
As long as they dont start targeting Ardbeg, lol

Derek

ditto,
Rene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: