www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - The Balvenie SherryOak now available

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Balvenie SherryOak now available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Mac
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: The Balvenie SherryOak now available Reply with quote

Just recieved word from Balvenie that there limited edition 17 year old Sherryoak is now available. They described it as:

Quote:
An exciting new addition to the range of The Balvenie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies, this limited edition is a real treat for all Balvenie enthusiasts and takes Oloroso sherry intensity and richness to new heights.

Tasting Notes from Balvenies site:
Quote:
Colour ~ Rich amber and walnut.

Nose ~ Rich and intense with complex layers of sherried oak, spiced apples, caramelised pears and toasted almonds. Intriguing hints of beeswax, fresh ground spices and a subtle earthiness.

Taste ~ First impressions are of mixed spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves), combined with sweet, fruity, sherried flavours. On addition of a little water a delicate vanilla character reveals itself with a beautiful stewed fruit sweetness and a touch of oak tannin.

Finish ~ Rewardingly long and rich with a hint of dryness at the very end.

An exciting new addition to the range of The Balvenie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies, this limited edition takes Oloroso sherry intensity and richness to new heights.

Priced at £60 it is one i want to try and is now on my Christmas list.

Mac

islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Balvenie SherryOak now available Reply with quote

Big Mac wrote:
Just recieved word from Balvenie that there limited edition 17 year old Sherryoak is now available. They described it as:
Quote:
An exciting new addition to the range of The Balvenie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies, this limited edition is a real treat for all Balvenie enthusiasts and takes Oloroso sherry intensity and richness to new heights.

Tasting Notes from Balvenies site:
Quote:
Colour ~ Rich amber and walnut.
Nose ~ Rich and intense with complex layers of sherried oak, spiced apples, caramelised pears and toasted almonds. Intriguing hints of beeswax, fresh ground spices and a subtle earthiness.
Taste ~ First impressions are of mixed spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves), combined with sweet, fruity, sherried flavours. On addition of a little water a delicate vanilla character reveals itself with a beautiful stewed fruit sweetness and a touch of oak tannin.
Finish ~ Rewardingly long and rich with a hint of dryness at the very end.
An exciting new addition to the range of The Balvenie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies, this limited edition takes Oloroso sherry intensity and richness to new heights.

Priced at £60 it is one i want to try and is now on my Christmas list.
Mac

Living only 800 yaqrds from the distillery I must make an efford and see Richard Cotton for a wee sample. The tasting notes look great.
I loved the roasted Barley they produced the other day, a lovely sweet dram, good for after a large evening meal !
Slainte Rene
Big Mac
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Balvenie SherryOak now available Reply with quote

islayonspey wrote:

Living only 800 yaqrds from the distillery I must make an efford and see Richard Cotton for a wee sample. The tasting notes look great.
I loved the roasted Barley they produced the other day, a lovely sweet dram, good for after a large evening meal !
Slainte Rene

That is some good neighbours you have there Rene.

Whats the roasted barley you mention? Is it another new release on the way.

Mac
Mark
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Malt I do like the sound of this one myself.

Mark
islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Balvenie SherryOak now available Reply with quote

Big Mac wrote:
islayonspey wrote:

Slainte Rene

That is some good neighbours you have there Rene. Whats the roasted barley you mention? Is it another new release on the way. Mac

Mac, on the www.balvenie.com you find info regardering the Balvenie Roasted Malt aged 14 Years - It's the first single malt Scotch whisky to be made using a batch of dark roasted malted barley and it tastes 'yummy'. Top Malt
Rene

McKay
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to buy a bottle of the Balvenie 17 year old Sherryoak but i cant seem to find it at any of the online whisky shops i would normally shop at. Does anyone know a shop who has it in stock?

Thanks

McKay
John

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only place i have seen it for sale so far is direct from the Balvenie website shop. Priced at £60 I dont know if the likes of The Whisky Exchange will be getting some stock of it before Christmas.

John
matrix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a few left at the whiskyexchange I think that's the last place with any left for sale. I must admit this Balvenie is one of my favorites now. I have a keeper bottle which I am tempted to just open and get another from The Whisky Exchange. If anyone hasn't already tasted this bottling then it's a must!! Some great reviews out there also and has one some awards which is also well deserved.
McKay
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got myself a bottle of this just before christmas and as you say matrix the good reviews and awards are well deserved. Buying another bottle is very tempting. I see it is up to £80 now http://www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk/shop/product/3/1089/Balvenie-Sherry-Oak-17-Year.htm , i suppose that is what happens with limited editions, still worth it.

McKay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: