www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Ailsa Bay Distillery

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Ailsa Bay Distillery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Ailsa Bay Distillery Reply with quote

Yes, Scotland has another new distillery ! ! Very Happy

Richard Cotton, manager of Glenfiddich, Balvenie & Kininvie Distilleries here in Dufftown mentioned to me yesterday evening that W. Grant's new distillery AILSA BAY in Girvan poured their first mash. Smile
Ailsa Bay will complement the the extra need for malt whisky, W. Grant needs for the B.R.I.C. countries.
It was build nearby the existing large GIRVAN grain distillery who previously had "Ladybank" malt distillery.
Building the distillery in Ayrshire will also reduce the costs of transport of bringing malt whisky (Glenfiddich, Balvenie & Kininvie) from Speyside to Girvan.
Slainte Rene[/b]

John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the news Rene

I wonder if the malt is going to have the same name as the distillery "Ailsa Bay"
If so i i could picture Ailsa Craig on the label.

Also have you any idea if the malt they are going to produce is going to be a light/mellow Lowland region style.malt.

John
islayonspey
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Ailsa Bay III Reply with quote

John wrote:
Thanks for the news Rene
I wonder if the malt is going to have the same name as the distillery "Ailsa Bay"
If so i could picture Ailsa Craig on the label.
Also have you any idea if the malt they are going to produce is going to be a light/mellow Lowland region style.malt. John

Hi John,
I think you got time for the picture before they start bottling it as a single malt, look what happend to Kininvie 17yo and still no single malt. Although I tasted Kininvie since it was 12yo old. It's getting better but still not good for bottling. Mad
I'm seeing Richard Cotton again tomorrow evening, our last meeting before the Autumn Festival, and let's see what I'll get out of him.....
Slainte Rene
------------------------->>>>>>>>
I have seen Richard Cotton a few days ago and he stated that the new malt whisky will be a typical Lowlander and after blending it with Speyside malt from Balvenie, Kininvie and Fiddich will be put into W.Grants blended whisky for export only.
So John, no pictures needed as all goes into blending !
Rene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: