www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - DIMPLE WHISKEY

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
DIMPLE WHISKEY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geordie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: DIMPLE WHISKEY Reply with quote

Hey Guys and Gals

I have been given some whisky from my father which has been in the family for a number of years but I am unsure of actually how long.

The whiskey is Dimple Whiskey it has 8/8/14 on top of the box and its 70 proof

I was wondering how much this is worth?If its not much then I was going to drink it Smile

Calder
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geordie

In the UK up until January 1st 1980 they used the % Proof system for measuring the strength of alcohol. They changed it in 1980 to the system we still use today the percentage of Alcohol by Volume (%ABV)

Therefore if this was bottled for the UK market it was bottled before 1980. If it says 70% Proof on the label on the front of the bottle i suspect it may be from the 1960's or possibly 1970's. If so the shop price for for this would be around £60 - £100, in a private sale you would only get around half this amount £30 - £50

If you have a look over at The Whisky Exchange they have a few bottles of Dimple, they may have one similar to yours.

It wont make you a fortune, if it has been in the family all these years then i would say drink it and enjoy it.

Cheers

Calder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Blended Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: