www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Tennants Auctioneers - Rare and Collectable Whisky Sale

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Tennants Auctioneers - Rare and Collectable Whisky Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marklittler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Tennants Auctioneers - Rare and Collectable Whisky Sale Reply with quote

This is my first post on this forum so hello!

I work at Tennants Auctioneers in Leyburn, North Yorkshire, and I have recently started their Whisky and Wine sales for them. I have had some experience of selling collections of Whisky in the past and I am a great fan of single malts.

The inaugural sale of Rare and Collectable Whisky and Wine is due to be held on the 18th June 2011, and I am sure there are many lots that you will be interested in. One of the collections that has come into sale contains a large number of 1970's bottlings, including Bowmore (ships bottle and box), Laphroaig, Glen Flagler, Springbank 22, etc. There are also some more modern bottling that are sure to be a hit, such as a Macallan 25 year old, bottled 1957, Glen Grant 1957, and several bottles of cask strength whisky.

There are close to 400 bottles of whisky, the majority single malts, grouped to be sold in around 70 lots. All of the lots must be sold so it will be a great opportunity for you to add to your collection. The online listing can be found fully illustrated at:

http://www.tennants.co.uk/Catalogue/Sales/161.aspx

starting from lot 1000.

As a gesture to all of you on this forum I will arrange to have a free catalogue posted out to you if you either post your address below or inbox me. I will also be happy to help with any enquiries.

Brummie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum

Looks like you have a few interesting Lots. I have a few questions:

How will the internet bidding work, will it be live?
What additional costs will there be on say a winning bid of £100?
Do you arrange postage? If so what would be the cost of 1 bottle and perhaps a Lot of 10 bottles?
marklittler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am glad you like the look of the Whisky!

There is no internet bidding on this sale, however there is an online catalogue where you can see an image of every lot, and in most cases a condition report stating levels etc.

If you cannot be at the sale then you can leave commission bids with us, and we will bid on your behalf, or if there are a few lots that you really want to bid 'live' on then we can arrange a telephone bid with you so we call you while the lot is being sold. You can then bid live, as if you were in the sale itself.

Our buyers commission is 15%+Vat so it works out around £18 for every £100 spent.

We have a carrier who can arrange to ship items to you if you buy a large quantity. He can either delvier them in person, or arrange to have them posted via DHL etc. The cost for the postal service would be based on the weight, plus a packaging fee. The cost of personal delivery would be at their current rates. If you have any questions about this you can call Greg Bradley on 01325 244 217.

We will be able to post out one or two bottles a time via Special Delivery etc, and this would be charged at standard rate, plus packaging. We may be buying in polystyrine bottle carriers for the post, which would add an extra £3 (roughly) to the cost of postage.

Alternativly, you can arrange your own postage or come and collect the bottles in person. We are open Monday to Friady and most Saturdays.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Calder
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark

It looks like Lot No 1042 is showing the image for Lot 1043 and vice-versa
JAB
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to go down but affraid i cant Sad

Might have to register a few phone bids Laughing

John
James T
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be interested in a few lots, but i wouldnt mind seeing an estimate for shipping before bidding so i could take it into consideration while placing a bid.

marklittler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing out the images, I will get it changed over.

The cost of postage for say two bottles with roughly be £20ish pounds I would have thought. This will just be sent via Royal Mail. If you want a large quantity collection/posting, a courier may be best.

We know Greg Bradley very well and you can contact him on 01325 244 217, he will arrange any shipping, insured, via DHL, at cost of postage plus a packing fee. He can also deliver direct with one of his vans so no danger of it being in the post.

I hope this helps.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: