www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Aldi - Page 12

 

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Aldi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DanO
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Posts: 170
Location: Norwich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM70047 wrote:
DanO wrote:
Spotted a 3 X 5cl miniature pack of some of the Glen Marnoch sherry, bourbon and rum finish single malts for only £7.99 https://www.aldi.co.uk/single-malt-whisky-gift-pack/p/077438187037500


they've had it for a fiver most of the year
Its the first I have come across it and I thought it was an ok price and would be of interest for anyone wanting to try them or looking for a stocking filler for friends and family.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

ralfy legend
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Posts: 708

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming out on 29th November Duncan Taylor smokin gentleman’s dram £19.99 saying it’s got a rich flavour full bodied with robust pear smoke and smooth toffee and vanilla,, it’s a blended whisky just to add.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 23 Apr 2018
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple miniature Famous, Teachers Grants reduced to £2.99

Triple miniature Ledaig Speyburn Jura reduced to £6.99 inc. small glass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jez Hellewell
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked 2 bottles of Glen Marnoch 1988 at a local Aldi (Silsden) for £15.99 each!! This was £50 before Christmas, then subsequently reduced to £40. Glad I waited! Will be cracking one open tonight to have whilst watching the football.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MattS
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 23 Apr 2018
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jez Hellewell wrote:
Just picked 2 bottles of Glen Marnoch 1988 at a local Aldi (Silsden) for £15.99 each!! This was £50 before Christmas, then subsequently reduced to £40. Glad I waited! Will be cracking one open tonight to have whilst watching the football.


Very nice find!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 450
Location: Lincolnshire England

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattS wrote:
Jez Hellewell wrote:
Just picked 2 bottles of Glen Marnoch 1988 at a local Aldi (Silsden) for £15.99 each!! This was £50 before Christmas, then subsequently reduced to £40. Glad I waited! Will be cracking one open tonight to have whilst watching the football.


Very nice find!


Wow what a bargain, regardless of the price how would you rate it, I would be interested to know.
_________________
Pour me a glass please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jez Hellewell
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lincoln imp wrote:
MattS wrote:
Jez Hellewell wrote:
Just picked 2 bottles of Glen Marnoch 1988 at a local Aldi (Silsden) for £15.99 each!! This was £50 before Christmas, then subsequently reduced to £40. Glad I waited! Will be cracking one open tonight to have whilst watching the football.


Very nice find!


Wow what a bargain, regardless of the price how would you rate it, I would be interested to know.


I’m probably not the best reviewer in the world. But I think it’s excellent. Lovely nose, very fruity, easy drinking. A better review would be here!

https://scotchandscifi.*/2018/11/16/whisky-review-glen-marnoch-1988-aldiuk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lincoln imp
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 450
Location: Lincolnshire England

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jez Hellewell wrote:
lincoln imp wrote:
MattS wrote:
Jez Hellewell wrote:
Just picked 2 bottles of Glen Marnoch 1988 at a local Aldi (Silsden) for £15.99 each!! This was £50 before Christmas, then subsequently reduced to £40. Glad I waited! Will be cracking one open tonight to have whilst watching the football.


Very nice find!


Wow what a bargain, regardless of the price how would you rate it, I would be interested to know.


I’m probably not the best reviewer in the world. But I think it’s excellent. Lovely nose, very fruity, easy drinking. A better review would be here!

https://scotchandscifi.*/2018/11/16/whisky-review-glen-marnoch-1988-aldiuk/


Thanks, appreciated
_________________
Pour me a glass please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Mantis
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 30 Jan 2017
Posts: 21
Location: Midlothian, Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Glen Marnoch Reply with quote

Anybody tried the 25 y.o. Speyside or the NAS Highland rum cask finish?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ralfy legend
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Posts: 708

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mantis, if you find the whisky single malt section and go to aldi Christmas whisky 2019 then you will find plenty to read ok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

The Mantis
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 30 Jan 2017
Posts: 21
Location: Midlothian, Scotland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ralfy legend wrote:
Mantis, if you find the whisky single malt section and go to aldi Christmas whisky 2019 then you will find plenty to read ok


Cheers Ralfy, thought it must be somewhere...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigShing
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2019
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Aldi are starting to discount those seasonal spirits to clear the excess stock.

Glen Marnoch 25 down to £29.99
12yr Irish Reserve down to £19.99
Old Horseshoe Bourbon down to £14.99

Prices are the same online as well.

The question is: Will we see another price drop before the last of the whisky is all bought up?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ralfy legend
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Posts: 708

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is saying sold out on line, not seen any on shelves since early December 🙈 but hey I’ve still got two bottle of the 25 Spey 👍
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Offers & Bargains All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 

 

© 2018 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.

This website was produced in Scotland.