www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - The Famous Grouse Original Plaque from GlenTurret for sale

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Famous Grouse Original Plaque from GlenTurret for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuart.dram

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: The Famous Grouse Original Plaque from GlenTurret for sale Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Many years ago i was working at the GlenTurret Distilery which is famous for Famous Grouse. During refurbishments all the fixtures and fitting where in effect being skipped but i managed to hold onto an Original Brass Plaque which has the Grouse etched into it. This piece of Art is everything about The Famous Grouse.

I've had it for 10 years and i reckon the plaque had been on the wall for up to 50 years. It measures 25 inches in height by 20 inches wide.

I've had it valued at McTeers Auction in Glasgow. If you would like to see it and make me an offer i will send you picture of it or you could come to my home and view it in person. If i cant sell it privatly it will go to Auction in November.

Thanks.

Fergie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a piece of whisky history, i dont think i could even guess a value for it. I would imagine due to the size of it, it would be of interest to bars owners. Do you have a picture of it you can post here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Collectables & Whisky Auction Listings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: