www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Glenlivet 12

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Glenlivet 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cobra
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject: Glenlivet 12 Reply with quote

I came on holiday today went to Tesco to get an affordable whisky and bought Glenlivet 12 . Oh boy I was so disappointed. I haven’t had this whisky for a number of years and definitely won’t be purchasing it again. I used to love Glenlivet 12 with all the apples and pears notes but that has all gone now. I would go as far as to say there is a definite cooking oil texture and note to this so much so it’s unpleasant, so I would like to know why Glenlivet has changed a winner into a total loser. Please let me know what you all think. Crying or Very sad

Alastair
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did withdraw it for quite some time from the UK market and this is what they brought back unfortunately.
ralfy legend
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow mr cobra cooking oil , as much as I agree it's changed and for me is a completely different whisky it will still be a go too whisky for some people, ok it's not what it used to be which was fresh fruity apples and pears and very easily drinking whisky,, for me it's still drinkable but it's far more malty than it used to be and I may be wrong but I think the input of more e150 a may have changed this for the worse.
Whisky Chaser
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is certainly not as good as it used to be, used to be a regular purchase for me as it had a great quality/price ratio, not now.
unblended
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:00 am    Post subject: glenlivet12 Reply with quote

it used to be my go to whisky its now rubbish i have a few old bottles that i still have keeping them for when i retire
Cool
the double oak is poor
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Canada we have the Glenlivet 12 and Glenlivet Founder's Reserve, both bottled at 40% ABV. It's interesting to note that some Scottish single malt brands bottled at 40% for domestic sale in the UK are bottled at 43% ABV for export to North America but not this one. The low ABV and addition of colorant and being chill-filtered make the ultimate result of these 2 not at all appealing to some folk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: